With record-breaking volume in their first 30 days of trading, the CME’s new Micro E-mini futures have quickly gained traction with the futures community. Between the May 6th launch date and June 5th, more than 11.25 million of the new micro-sized contracts were traded.
At just 1/10th the size of traditional E-mini contracts, Micro E-mini futures offer exposure to US markets at a fraction of the cost & with significantly lower margins than their larger counterparts. Additionally, since these new contracts are fungible with full size E-minis, they offer increased flexibility and enhanced position management for existing E-mini traders.
The launch of these new contracts in May opened the numerous benefits of futures trading to a large number of new traders. During the first month of trading, participants from 130 countries took part in the action!
A Booming First Month
With an average daily volume of 511K contracts, more than 11.25 million Micro E-mini contracts total traded during their first month.
- Micro E-mini S&P 500 (MES) futures accounted for 51.6% of the total volume, or 5.8 million contracts
- Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 (MNQ) futures accounted for 32.5% of the total volume, or 3.7 million contracts
- Micro E-mini Dow (MYM) futures accounted for 10.2% of the total volume, or 1.1 million contracts
- Micro E-mini Russell 2000 (M2K) futures accounted for 5.7% of the total volume, or 640K contracts
With the recent return of volatility to US equity markets, the timing of the CME’s launch could not have been better!
Why Trade Micro E-mini Futures?
Learn how these contracts provide an ideal opportunity for new traders to enter the market at a reduced cost in this 2-minute video:
How Can I Find Out More?
For more information, contact us at 312.262.1289 or [email protected].
Trade Futures with NinjaTrader
- FREE Platform included with futures brokerage account
- Clear savings through discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract
- $50 day trading margins for Micro E-mini Futures
- 1000s of Apps & Add-Ons to personalize your platform
NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting and trade simulation. Get started with a free download of our award-winning trading platform.