After a record-breaking week, American markets saw a slight downturn Friday morning as news of a cancelled U.S. airstrike on Iran hit the markets.
The S&P 500, Dow & Nasdaq all surged as investors count on future rate cuts as indicated by the Fed midweek.
- The S&P 500 hit an all-time high yesterday of 2958.06
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed almost 250 points
- The Nasdaq Composite saw an 0.80% rise
Markets were rattled Friday morning as investors digested the latest in the Iranian conflict. President Trump had warned Iran of an imminent airstrike after the downing of an American surveillance drone, but called off the attack at the last minute.
- Micro E-mini S&P 500 futures are down 0.15%
- Micro E-mini Dow futures are down 0.03%
- Micro E-mini Nasdaq futures are down 0.19%
The chart below shows the week’s trading activity for Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures (MES). In the background, a custom volume profile displays the concentration of volume at different price levels to help visualize the order flow.