Launched in May by CME Group, Micro E-mini futures have quickly made their mark on the trading community with a steady increase of volume and liquidity.
These micro-sized equity index contracts provide both a low-cost entry point for new traders looking to participate in US stock markets as well as flexibility and position management for existing E-mini traders.
At 1/10th the size of the standard E-minis, Micro E-minis provide exposure to the same equity markets as at a fraction of the cost:
- S&P 500: Micro E-mini S&P 500 Futures (MES) – Standard & Poor’s stock index, composed of 500 large-cap organizations
- Nasdaq-100: Micro E-mini Nasdaq-100 Futures (MNQ) – The top 100 tech companies listed on the Nasdaq exchange
- Dow Jones Industrial Average: Micro E-mini Dow Futures (MYM) – Benchmark American stock index representing 30 of the top US blue chip companies
- Russell 2000: Micro E-mini Russell 2000 Futures (M2K) – The bottom 2,000 small-cap stocks within the Russell 3000 index
First 6 Months of Micro E-mini Trading
Micro E-mini futures have repeatedly set activity records since they started trading on May 6th. In their first 3 months of activity, more than 32 million contracts were traded and volume has continued to intensify. Below are some highlights from the first 6 months in Micro E-mini markets:
- Over 72M contracts traded among the four markets
- Combined average daily volume of 561K contracts
- Single-day volume record of 1.4M contracts on August 7th
- Noticeable global participation with nearly 90K average daily volume before the cash open
- Trades submitted from more than 160 countries
See 5 Reasons Traders Are Choosing Micros E-minis!
How Can I Find Out More?
For more information, contact us at 312.262.1289 or [email protected].
Trade Futures with NinjaTrader
- FREE Platform included with futures brokerage account
- Clear savings through discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract
- $50 day trading margins for Micro E-mini Futures
- 1000s of Apps & Add-Ons to personalize your platform
NinjaTrader is always free to use for advanced charting, strategy backtesting and trade simulation. Get started with a free download of our award-winning trading platform.