News from the Trade Desk

Direct updates on critical contract expirations, roll dates & more

November’s FOMC Preview

By | October 31, 2017

U.S. Federal Reserve policymakers begin a two-day meeting on Tuesday, October 31st. No major surprises are expected from November’s meeting likely having a minimal impact on the financial markets. According to the CME Group FedWatch Tool, there is only a 2% probability of a November rate hike, while December’s probability is a near certainty at 98%. Read More

Natural Gas Futures Roll Date Notification

By | October 24, 2017

Wednesday, October 25th marks the roll date for the November Natural Gas contract. The last trade date falls on Friday, October 27th. Read More

Attention Crude Oil Futures Traders!

By | October 18, 2017

The last trade date for the November Crude Oil contract is Friday, October 20th. Active CL traders can roll to the December contract as early as Thursday, October 19th. Read More

Manage Risk with Percentage Based Trading

By | October 12, 2017

Whether it’s trading systems and strategies, market analysis or the holy grail of indicators, the amount of information at our fingertips surrounding futures and forex trading is insurmountable. However, one topic that is often overlooked is how to manage a futures or forex trading account.

Topics related to trade management and risk mitigation are far from attention-getters, however they are vital components to help new and experienced traders alike improve the odds of maintaining their accounts. Read More

Hurricanes Disrupt September Job Growth

By | October 5, 2017

According to ADP, 135K private sector jobs were added in September, a far cry from the 228K additions in August.Read More

Attention Gold Futures Traders!

By | September 27, 2017

Friday, September 29th is the First Notice for the October Gold Futures Contract. Active GC traders can roll to the November contract before the open on Thursday, September 28th. Read More

Natural Gas Trader Alert Roll Date Notification

By | September 22, 2017

Wednesday, September 27th is the last trade date for October Natural Gas Futures. NG traders can roll to the November Contract on Monday, September 25th. Read More

Fed’s Aim to Unwind Balance Sheet

By | September 19, 2017

At the conclusion of the September FOMC meeting on Wednesday, experts predict the Committee will announce plans to unwind quantitative easing in effort to reduce the $4.5 trillion portfolio of treasury and mortgage bonds purchased during the Great Recession. Read More

Crude Oil Futures Roll Date Notification

By | September 18, 2017

On Wednesday, September 20th, the October Crude Oil Futures contract will expire. Crude Oil Traders can roll to the November contract before the open on Tuesday, September 19th. Read More

Attention Currency Futures Traders – Contract Roll Date

By | September 14, 2017

The last trade date for September Currency Futures is Monday, September 18th. Traders can roll to the succeeding contract as early as Friday, September 15th. Read More