This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crash and burn

I too, am going through a database corruption problem and no one can seem to put their finger on it. It's always "rename and start over." Doing this wipes everything out ie.. atm, instrument manager and so on.... I have been using Ninja for 1 year in Sim format. I attempt to run many instuments on multiple times with automated strategies and problems are always present. Complete data corruption of database being latest issue.
    Although I would like to, there is no way I could commit real money to live trading with the product the way it is. I can only speak for the application of multiple instruments, multiple times and complete efficient automation. Unfortunaely, Ninja has crashed and burned for my application and can not be recommended. Until then, I am open to suggestions on what platform can fulfill my criteria succesfully.

JAM

Comment

jam.76, welcome to our forums, I'm sorry to hear your disappointment - please contact me using the Help > Mail to Support feature and check to include trace and logs files, we'll review them then and advise further.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Setting

Why is skillful people can not find :> Disable scanning of ougiong email

Why that item can not be found anywere ? Anybody with experiance ?

Comment

Cannot get NT 7 to work

Hopefully this reply gets me some help. I have been trying NT7 for months thinking that every beta will improve. I cannot get it working without constant database corruptions and with the current version which I have tried on Windows 7 and Xp I cannot even get any data streamed to my charts at all.

What steps can I take to try and get this resolved?

I have renamed the database and even tried to just bring up a plane old 1min chart and still no data on the chart yet the Doms work fine and i can even trade off the doms, it is purely a problem with the chart data. I have made sure I have updated the Msoft .Net to 3.5 before installing the latest BETA but still zippo comes through. The strange thing is that the charts update every few days with a price resembling the end of day price but no streaming of chart data takes place.

Is this a simple switch somewhere I don't know about?

Cheers,
          Andrew

Comment

Hello visounds,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with 'ATTN: Kyle' in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.

2.) Your most current trace file.
            You will find the trace file in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            Today's file would be named 'trace.20100708.txt'.

3.) Lastly, please provide me with a copy of the workspace you're using.
            You will find the workspace in the My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Workspaces folder.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
              Why is skillful people can not find :> Disable scanning of ougiong email

Why that item can not be found anywere ? Anybody with experiance ?
              jam.76, welcome to our forums, I'm sorry to hear your disappointment - please contact me using the Help > Mail to Support feature and check to include trace and logs files, we'll review them then and advise further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses