This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cls71,

I guess I am not quite sure what the requirement for .Set is. If you want to set the color for different bars you can change the second []'s index.

PlotColors[0][1] for example for the previous bar instead of the current bar.

Can you please clarify? Thank you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      cls71,

I guess I am not quite sure what the requirement for .Set is. If you want to set the color for different bars you can change the second []'s index.

PlotColors[0][1] for example for the previous bar instead of the current bar.

Can you please clarify? Thank you.
      Josh,

I do not understand why it works the second[]'s index but does not the .Set method. Both should work equally, isn't it ?
      (With other series like DataSeries, BoolSeries, IntSeries, etc, the .Set method works fine).

Thanks

Comment

cls71,

No, there are underlying differences and reasons under the hood. Please use the documented technique of using the second [] index for barsAgo.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It would be nice if multi-color features were built into every indicator by default for at least two color changing options: 1. increasing/decreasing value. 2. great than or less than zero. Just throwing the idea out there for a much later future incarnation, not this rev.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for that suggestion. I will send this to the development team.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

The SampleMultiColorPlotMA sometimes in realtime plots both the rising and falling color. When I hit F5 it is corrected. Is there a way to fix this?

Mpe
              Attached Files

Comment

This type of indicator works perfectly in NT6.5 but for NT7 you must modify the code so where a condition ceases to exist you can Reset() the plot that should not be plotting. Alternatively you can do a more radical rewrite and use the NT7 single plot/color change method which will free up some memory.

Dan
                Last edited by eDanny; 09-07-2010, 07:41 AM.
                eDanny
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
                  This type of indicator works perfectly in NT6.5 but for NT7 you must modify the code so where a condition ceases to exist you can Reset() the plot that should no be plotting. Alternatively you can do a more radical rewrite and use the NT7 single plot/color change method which will free up some memory.

Dan
                  I thought this was created for NT7? Do you know if anyone has created an EMA single plot? If not, I guess I'll give it a go.

Mpe

Comment

mpe66,

Thanks Dan for the assist, Dan is correct. This indicator needs to be modified for NinjaTrader 7 and the new multicolor plot approach. featured in this thread.

If you need assistance with making these modification if you are not a programmer you can contact a NinjaScript consultant to assist with this.

NinjaScript Consultants:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post love2code2trade  
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post funk10101