Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer - (Batch-) Grid Exporting

Dear NT team

I am running a lot of backtests on different underlyings, sometimes on complete instrument lists like on the Nasdaq 100.

Now I would like to copy the periods grid into excel for further analysis and calculations. The old Copy/Paste does not work anymore so I have to use the time consuming Ctrl-X (export to excel) function which is very slow. Especially if I have to do this 100 times for all individual Nasdaq stocks to be able to calculate a daily P/L for the complete list.

Now my questions are:
    1) Why is it not possible anymore to copy/paste the grid from the strategy analyzer window (for example if I am on the periods tab). Could you please work on it so copy/pasting is possible in the future NT7 Beta /Final version?

2) It is a very cool feature to be able to receive the combined summary for the instrument list tested(the summary page) together with the total P/L, Profit Factor, drawdown etc. But why (if it is possible to calculate the total) don't you provide the ability for the user to see the other functions/tabs for the combined analysis? Like a combined graph, a combined periods grid, combined orders, executions, etc...? This would be very helpful so I don't need to export every backtest for each instrument included and then add it up in excel myself. This would be a lot user friendly and informative and it seems the necessary information was calculate in NT 7 anyway (if it is possible to calculate a drawdown for the combined result).

3) Would it be possible to add something like batch-processing?`For example: do backtest and then each time export to excel

Best regards
    wtmnn

wtmnn,

Correct, you would now have to use the Grid > Export to Excel feature as the implentation of this functionality changed compared to 6.5.

Thanks for the suggestions on enhancing the 'Combined Results' summary.

There's already a batch instrument list backtesting feature build in, however no batch export to excel, thanks for offering your input.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just wanted to second wtmnn's suggestions. I really like the "Combined Results" addition in NT7 but including combined results data for "Graphs", "Trades" and "Periods" would be phenomenal. Even just displaying in the same pane the Period results for all instruments would greatly reduce the workload to view a portfolio's performance over time -- we would just export one time. Once in excel the results could be sorted and summed rather quickly. Cheers.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Lizinko.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I haven't yet used 7 beta, but as an avid user of 6.5 I would like to share the sentiment on batch testing. It would really help a ton if we were able to set up a batch of backtesting with different variables and walk away from the computer. Some tests I run take a few minutes to complete, and I also want to test different conditions... currently this is a very tedious process.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the comments. It is on our feedback list.

Comment

Batch Processing feature in Strategy Analyzer

Hello:

I would like to say kudos and a strong agreement to those who desire a batch processing feature in Strategy Analyzer. Many products I have used in the past have this feature. I do mostly end-of-day type analysis that require testing Strategies in multiple time frames. For example, I need to test multiple time frames on an instrument list to ascertain the best time frames and parameters for a strategy to implement the next day. To test multiple weekly, daily, minute, etc. time frames one-at-a-time is tedious to say the least. Please consider this feature in the future.

Thanks.

Tony

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate it. This feature is indeed on our list to examine for the future.

Comment

Hallo,
                  I wanted to check: Is it possible now to batch process strategies?
                  I do lots of analysis now. Processing lists of multiple tickers is already helpful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sarafuenonly123  
                  Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Brevo