Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

IB Gateway support so we don't have to re-log in every 12 hrs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB Gateway support so we don't have to re-log in every 12 hrs?

Interactivebroker (IB) has a new standalone gateway that is a minimal subset of TWS. It is included in the latest TWS standalone (904) download. One advantage is that once logged in, the mandatory 12 hr logged off is not enforced and theoretically one could stay logged-in for longer periods.

Could you please consider enabling this feature? Many other IB frontends already support the IB Gateway ... don't need to name them here.

Thank you.

Thanks for making us aware. We'll add it to our list of future considerations.

The link you provided points to regular TWS which NT supports since day one. Could you please clarify what you are referring to? Thanks

Comment

Thank you.

If you install the 904 version of standalone TWS, you will see under the IB startmenu, an option to run IB gateway. The gateway defaults to socket port 4001, which can be changed to 7496 which is that of the regular TWS.

Once the socket port is set properly, many IB front ends will run properly with the new IB gateway. Unfortunately, NT7 does not.

Attached Files
      Last edited by thrunner; 04-12-2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for clarification.

Comment

Has this been implemented yet?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello SteveB,

Thank you for your post.

With the current version of NinjaTrader 7, TWS version 900.6 is still the recommended version. Due to this, the functionality described in this thread is currently unavailable.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I would really appreciate this too.

Comment

IBGateway

I was able to coax it into using IBGateway once by running IB Gateway and then clicking away the login dialog quickly enough, but can't seem to do it again. It worked flawlessly once connected. The problem is tricking Ninjatrader into connecting to it instead of the GUI.

Anyone found a reliable way to do this? I'd like to use IBGateway instead of the GUI due to the forced 24hr reconnect.

Any word on when this simple change can be implemented in NT7?

Jeremy
                Jeremytang
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

Jeremy,

Thank you for your post.

There's no ETA for the support of the IB Gateway described in this thread.
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This would be a nice feature!
                    I would really appreciate this too - and looking hopefully forward to one of the next updates...

Comment

Figured out a way around

I thought I'd post a work around to coax NinjaTrader to work with IB Gateway instead of the GUI. The problem is that NT will wait until it detects the GUI window before attempting to connect to the TCP socket.

So what you do is set the GUI to some other random port number, set the port number of IB Gateway to what you're intending to connect to with NT (ie: 7496), and then open up the GUI first, then IB Gateway. Allow IB Gateway to "steal" the connection to server.

Next open up NT, and watch that NT connects to the IB Gateway. You are now free to close the GUI.

Jeremy
                      Jeremytang
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Shark Indicators

Comment

I tried this and it does connect thru IBGateway, but when I try to open a chart I get a "No security definition found" message. What do I do next?

Comment

I would also be very interested in IB gateway support.

Comment

it's really unreasonable that NJ don't support IB Gateway.

Comment

I can only suggest to reboot NT7 every day.
                              If you don't do it NT will become slower and slower.
                              I had this problem on my NinjaTinyMobileTrader demo (www.zweisteintrading.eu) where I run NT7 day and night so that interested users can test NTMT.
                              This is NT7 with only 1 chart open and 1 Marketanalyzer open.
                              No fancy strategies, just one modified SampleMACrossover strategy.
                              But connected to Kinetick day and night.
                              After a few days when I change instrument on the chart the "loading...." message just stays there forever.
                              So NT7 just does takes ages to load the data and it will never switch instrument.
                              I assume that NT7 does save the chart data as historical only at exit of program and not after a certain time running.

So now I restart NinjaTrader automatically every 24 hours via a small program and the task sheduler.

Therefore my advice to restart NinjaTrader evrry 24 hours.

Andreas

P.S. To the Ninja team: Please do the debugging/testing/nailing down the error by yourself. I have no resources to assist in this matter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH