Zen Fire NT 7 Beta Connection Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YoungOne View Post
    My issue has been going on for a few weeks and not just today. Just momentary disconnects in connection than reconnects almost instantly. Very strange, when I experience these I ask those on NT 6.5 if they are having any of these issues and they say no so I presume its NT 7.
    I'm glad it's not just me. I reported a similar problem months ago http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=28894

but Ninja and Zen Fire just batted me back and forwards between themselves and I couldn't get anything done.

Comment

It's Sunday morning and I missed yesterday's issues regarding NT and Zenfire.

I saw Ray's thread about NT7-B18 being intentionally disconnected from zenfire. If this issue doesn't get resolved today, is there a way to reload Beta 17? Ray mentioned that we can still use NT6.5 but I haven't used NT6.5 in many months. My charts are no longer the same, etc.

I would rather use NT7 - B17 if there is a major problem with B18.
      Is that possible?

Todd

Comment

Originally posted by toddaclark View Post
        It's Sunday morning and I missed yesterday's issues regarding NT and Zenfire.

I saw Ray's thread about NT7-B18 being intentionally disconnected from zenfire. If this issue doesn't get resolved today, is there a way to reload Beta 17? Ray mentioned that we can still use NT6.5 but I haven't used NT6.5 in many months. My charts are no longer the same, etc.

I would rather use NT7 - B17 if there is a major problem with B18.
        Is that possible?

Todd
        I can't say for sure but I don't believe I will provide B17 since in reality, nothing between in any prior beta has changed in terms of the connection logic. Meaning, the issue is present in all NT7 versions. Ultimately, the problem is that some users experienced continuous disconnects late last week. Disconnects are not handled by NinjaTrader but the underlying API that is used to connect to Zen-Fire servers. This constant disconnection triggers a domino affect of other undesired behaviours.To make sure the Zen-Fire network is not adversely impacted, they disabled B18. All responsible parties are working on trying to resolve this issue.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

Currently have a live account with AMP Futures with the ZenFire datafeed.

Is this issue isolated to ZenFire only. Is TT effected?

If TT is stable then may try to get AMP to Switch me to TT until the issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TAJTrades View Post
            Ray,

Currently have a live account with AMP Futures with the ZenFire datafeed.

Is this issue isolated to ZenFire only. Is TT effected?

If TT is stable then may try to get AMP to Switch me to TT until the issue is resolved.

Thanks.
            Zen-Fire with NT7 only.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray,

I don't know that much about data feeds.

Is there another data feed I can use with my Mirus account until the zenfire/nt7 issue is resolved?

Would it be possible to get a live data demo of Kinetick to work with my Mirus account or can I only connect to the exchange with my Mirus account via zenfire?

Todd

Comment

Todd, unfortunately to use your Mirus account to place orders while using Kinetick for data, you'd still have to connect to it through Zen-Fire. As such, you will have to use NT6.5 until the issue is resolved, although I have been able to connect and place orders as of 15 minutes ago through Mirus.
                AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just wanted to thank the Ninja team for working on the weekend to get this issue resolved in time for trading today (even if it's temporary). Great job guys!

Comment

Thanks a lot for fixing this over the weekend guys . What did the problem turn out to be, if I may ask? Just curious.

EDIT: The problem may not be fixed....I've tried a few times over the past 5 minutes or so to connect to Zen with beta 18 and I get the "login failed" message that I was getting all weekend.
                    Last edited by Radical; 07-19-2010, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Radical,

Are you still having difficulties connecting? I just tried on my end and was successful.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                        Radical,

Are you still having difficulties connecting? I just tried on my end and was successful.
                        Yes, I still cannot connect using beta 18.

Comment

Any ideas? It attempts to connect for about 2 seconds and then says "Login failed: Please check your account connection parameters and your internet connection."

Comment

Radical,

We are communicating with Zen at the moment and will get back to you. Thanks for your patience.

Comment

I just tried to connect with 6.5, and the same thing happens--login failed.

Comment

Radical,

In that case, I have seen this message occur at times when the PC clock is too far out of sync. Can you please try syncing your PC clock and see if that helps?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post frankthearm  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                                Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                                80 responses
                                5 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Working...
                                X