X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

Does the trace file list the same crashes as per post #1 of this forum thread?

Ok, so NinjaTrader became unresponsive when enabled your strategies one by one.

However, unresponsiveness also occurs when you select an instrument, which you already had selected before. I cannot reproduce this on my end. Whenever I select a previous loaded instrument in a chart, it does get stuck on loading data.

As per the issue with your strategies, we would need your strategies to further troubleshoot the issue.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    The instability caused by loading data has now gone. I am able to load charts and to stop and restart strategies without NT hanging.

The circumstantial evidence points to the new strategies that I set up as the cause of the instability. However now something has changed there and it's not happening anymore.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    It's taken me the best part of 2 hours to get the 20 strategies I run back up again without NT hanging on the data loading.

I think I've found the best way to handle it so that it doesn't take me so long in future but it's still obviously a major issue and it stops me enabling the strategies all in one go - I must do them individually.

It hung 9 times in this episode.

It is not random. I opened NT and connected to IB and to IQFeed for historical data. I then checked all the instruments one by one in the chart to make sure no data was missing, and on several instruments it did go missing repeatedly - the whole days data for 11/17 kept disappearing and I would "reload all historical data".

I went through the instruments in the order they appear in my Default list in the chart instrument dropdown.

If I decided to go back to an instrument I had checked already, NT would hang.

It did this repeatedly.

I finally managed to get NT to run all the strategies I have by checking the instrument on the chart and then enabling the strategy and then moving down to the next instrument. Now I am not going to use the chart for a while since that will presumably cause the problem again.

Hope that helps to reproduce it.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    This issue has resurfaced.

Since reporting this above, NT has been running fine but today it fell back into unstable mode.

I decided to delete and re-enter all my running strategies just now. That is the only thing that is different to the previous several working days. So there are new strategies in the strategies tab.

Now I am working my way through them one by one, enabling them and checking them. Twice now, NT hangs with a status message flashing in the bottom line of the Control Center saying "Loading data .... $EURCAD (20/11/2010 - 20/11/2010)" and previously the same for $AUDCAD.

The chart also says "Loading data" and I cannot use it any more.

From here I can only wait or restart. So I have to restart.

I'll post here how many hang-ups I get before it runs smoothly again.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    I'll keep my eye on IB more then. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Lee123
    replied
    Hi,

I use IB and experience a freeze sometimes when IB loses data and have been trying to find someyhing consistent about it. I am writing here because on thursday there was a crash again.

I have noticed (ver 23) that when IB loses data for more than a minute or so then Nt7 will reconnect properly. The same if the internet is turned off.

However the last couple of crashes that I have managed to observe has been when IB market data turns orange for only 1 or 2 seconds and then goes back to green - this will cause a freeze and a "windows message" that NT7 has performed some wrong operation and must be closed.

Hope this helps

Lee

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Thanks Jason

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

Please see the screenshot for an example of forex spreads with Kinetick.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Billr, I don't know if you will think it's worth it, but I get historical data from IQFeed for about $80 USD a month. The historical data download is a dream. Obviously it is a different data source and you can see the difference in the charts but for me, it's the only reason I can stay with NT + IB.

I checked out MBT as a possible alternative to IB, but it sounds just as bad. Thanks for the info.

Jason, I would love to see the spreads for Kinetick on the forex currencies if you have them.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello billr,

When you state that NinjaTrader crashes, am I correct you receive an error that states to send us your trace file? If so, please post your trace file. You can find trace files at the following location.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20101111 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Do you notice any consistencies when the issue recurs again?

As per NinjaTrader 7, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $50 per month or completely free if all you need is end of day data. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader 7. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

Leave a comment:

• billr
    replied
    I get data load crashes constantly. I am using MBTrading and don't know if that is a factor, but as soon as I connect, the data attempts to load and it hangs....then crashes. It is VERY frustrating.

This phenomenom occurs in cycles. I can go for a few weeks and then it starts again. I re-boot, re-start, close my charts, close everything, delete workspaces. Nothing. I loaded NTRC1 and it is currently working, but tenuously. I can tell that anytime a download is required (it is slooowww and always keeping me guessing if crash is next) everything is working very hard or slow. Also, tons of data gaps in historical data. I'm convinced MBT data/servers are part of the problem.

I wish there was a good data source that also provided historical data and worked with Ninja. With the futures market, forex and equities now more fragmented thanks to big brother, finding a single, reliable trading platform is too patchy!! (but that is a different topic)

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    I see, please keep an eye out when this crash recurs and let me know.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    I have only suffered this crash twice in six months and I don't know how to reproduce it, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

Your trace file lists the crash below.

2010-11-09 05:20:36:916 ********* exception trapped *********
    2010-11-09 05:20:36:916 Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    2010-11-09 05:20:36:916 at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)

Unfortunately I am not sure why the crash occurred. However the trace file displays you lost connection with IB about half a minute before the crash.

2010-11-09 05:19:55:499 (IB) Cbi.ConnectionStatusEventArgs.Process: ConnectionLost ConnectionLost

I tested clicking the middle mouse button in a chart after a connection loss with IB, but I could not reproduce the crash so far. Are you able to reproduce it?

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason

here's the trace file.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM