Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Unfortunately I have no idea why NinjaTrader gets stuck on 'Loading data' on your end.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
    I did add them fresh the first test and the prior tests as well. Only during the additional test I restarted NinjaTrader and did not remove and re-add the strategies.
    In that case the additional test you did couldn't be expected to demonstrate what I am seeing.

If you are giving up, then perhaps you can say what your opinion is about the cause of the bug - it might help me waste less time with this if/when it happens again in future.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    I did add them fresh the first test and the prior tests as well. Only during the additional test I restarted NinjaTrader and did not remove and re-add the strategies.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason,

the point I am trying to make about adding the strategies fresh is that this is the key trigger of the bug. If you can load data for all instruments and go back and reload the first without it hanging, then the bug obviously hasn't been triggered. At that point you should delete the strategies and add them back in again if you want a chance of triggering the bug.

This is what happened to me. NT was working fine for over a week and then as soon as I had deleted and re-added the strategies, the bug appeared and it took me hours to get NT back to a stable state - I kept seeing the hanging on "Loading data" over and over again until I figured out how to work around it.

And don't forget, this is not the first occurrence - the bug appeared before and caused hours of trouble.

At the moment, I suspect that you may not be reproducing the exact situation that I have, so I would appreciate it if you could try it again.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

During my first test I added the strategies fresh. However once I restarted NinjaTrader, I did not remove and add the strategies in the Strategies-tab. However data was being loaded for the strategies when I enabled them. Please note that I did not enable the strategies during the first test.

I did not experience the loading time of 30 seconds as hanging of the software. In such a situation it can take 30 seconds. Please be aware that data is loaded for the instruments in the Market Analyzer itself as well when I select 4 instruments in quick succession. The chart loads the first instrument fairly quick. It does not display the 2nd and 3rd instrument and eventually loads and displays the 4th instrument I selected.

I did not notice such information blinking in the lower right corner of the Control Center.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason,

I assume you are deleting and recreating those stratgies before you try it? In fact, I deleted all my strategies completely so there were none there at all, and then I recreated them.

The 30 second hang is interesting. It's almost crashing but then recovers. I haven't seen this. Did you notice whether the status line in the Control Centre bottom right corner was blinking with the "Loading data .... $EURCAD (20/11/2010 - 20/11/2010)" message, at quite high frequency, approx 4 or 5 times a second?

I don't know whether waiting or not waiting for the Market Analyzer to finish loading its rows is relevant. Mostly I waited for the Market Analyzer to finish. I didn't use any Market Analyzer actions to start charts.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

I imported the strategy on my end and performed the instructions at #44 once more. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the issue.

I selected 6 instruments in my chart manually through the instrument drop down menu in the chart toolbar. During this time, data was being loaded for the Market Analyzer as well.

Subsequently I windowlinked the Market Analyzer to the chart and switched instruments that way. I even rapidly selected 4 instruments in the Market Analyzer. The chart loaded the first instrument I selected and then indicated 'Loading data'. However after about 30 seconds the 4th instrument I selected was loaded and displayed.

I restarted NinjaTrader and connected to both connections again. This time I enabled the strategy for all instruments in my instrument list as well. At this point data is being loaded in the Market Analyzer and the strategies. I switched instruments in the chart again, however it does not get stuck on 'Loading data'.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason,

I just emailed you the strategy - let's hope it causes the problem.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    No, I am not on Windows 7 64 bit - I have Windows 7 32 bit. However I do not see it relevant.

I tested the new steps you provided. During the switching of instruments, data was being loaded in the Market Analyzer the same time. I selected 6 different instruments in the chart before I selected the initial instrument.

Unfortunately I did not experience the issue once I selected the initial instrument again in the chart. The Market Analyzer was still loading data at this point and eventually finished.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason,

that's disappointing.

A couple of things though - are you on Windows 7 64bit? I am, could it be relevant?

Also, please try it again but set your Market Analyzer ATR column to 1 day bar / 21 bars, and the chart to 60min bars and 14 days and then go like this:

delete the strategies, exit and restart NT, connect to IB and IQFeed and then recreate the strategies. This time, don't start them. Just change to the chart window, and select each instrument in your default list in turn. At least 5. And then reselect the previous instrument you selected.

It seems to me that there is a definite connection between new strategies even when not running, and the hang-ups that happen selecting the instruments.

At some point after setting up the strategies for the first time, this problem just disappears and I can use the charts again freely.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

I tested it on my end, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the lock up.

I created both connections and saved a workspace with a chart and Market Analyzer. I added an ATR column in the Market Analyzer with a period type of 1 minute and I used 50 bars to look back at.

I connected to IB first and IQFeed second. Once connected, I see the requested data by the chart and Market Analyzer being loaded. My Default instrument list contains 36 instruments. Some are not authorized by both my connections. I receive error messages as expected for these instruments, but it continued to load data for the other instruments.

I continued by setting up the SampleMACrossover on all instruments in my Default instrument list. Once I had all strategies selected, it was loading the last 5 instruments in my default instrument list in the Market Analyzer. I enabled all strategies at once and data started being loaded for those as well. NinjaTrader did not get stuck on loading data.

Subsequently I selected the chart and switched instruments as you describe. When data was being loaded for instrument #2 (instrument #1 is still reflected in the chart at this point) and I select instrument #1 again, it generated an error message that states you cannot add/change/remove a Data Series until the prior request has completed loading historical data. However I was not able to reproduce the issue. All data authorized by my connections loaded without error.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello adamus,

Thank you for providing these steps. I will test it on my end and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Hi Jason,

what you need to do to reproduce the situation is:

- set up an IB connection with no historical data allowed
    - set up an IQFeed connection.
    - open a chart window and select the first instrument in your default list.
    - open a market analyzer window and add all the instruments in your default list, plus an indicator column, e.g. ATR
    - save your workspace.
    - close NT.
    - open NT and connect first to IB, and then to IQFeed
    - set up a strategy on all the instruments in your default list. Configure them with at least 5 days data to load, and 50 bars required.
    - now the strats are new, select all of them in a highlight and enable them in one go.
    - if that doesn't hang already, then change to your chart window. This should show the first instrument in your default list.
    - select the second instrument. And then select the first instrument again. This should hang, with the message in the Control Centre bottom right blinking at you.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    I create a new chart which loads the requested data for the instrument selected. Subsequently I select another instrument, which loads data as well. Then, I select the original instrument again. The data is displayed as expected and does not get stuck on 'Loading data'.

I tested it with 2 to 5 different instruments in between on sereval occassions. I also briefly tested it using a windowlinked Market Analyzer.

Leave a comment:

• adamus
    replied
    Does the trace file list the same crashes as per post #1 of this forum thread?
    No. I did not wait for it to crash or to resolve itself. That takes over 5 minutes each time, and often 15mins or more or no resolution/crash at all, just loading freeze.

Ok, so NinjaTrader became unresponsive when enabled your strategies one by one.
    That's incorrect. NT became unresponsive either when I was using the chart and selected an instrument that I had just previously selected, or when I enabled all the strategies in one go by selecting them all with the mouse.

However, unresponsiveness also occurs when you select an instrument, which you already had selected before. I cannot reproduce this on my end. Whenever I select a previous loaded instrument in a chart, it does get stuck on loading data.
    Sorry, your statement seems ambiguous. Are you reproducing this? Does it get stuck or not? Can you expand on that.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DynamicTest  
Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
4 responses
0 likes