Clear All

Cross hair cursor time stamp off by a minute

Please note the following screen shot, which was generated by beta 23:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cursor.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	896009

That's a multi-series chart combining a 1-minute chart of ES, a 1-minute chart of NYSE TICK, and a 1-minute chart of NYSE breadth. The Data Box is also shown.

The cross hair cursor is right in the center of the candle it's over, right on top of the wicks. (The JPEG lost a little resolution, so things look slightly lopsided. They really aren't. The cursor is centered over the candle.) And the Data Box correctly indicates that this is the 14:30 candle on all data series. Yet the time associated with the cursor is 14:29.

I haven't tested this extensively – at this point all I can say is I saw the issue and am reporting it – but I do have to wonder if it's related to this being a multi-series chart. That's just a guess, though.

Hello MikeInMA

Thank you for your post.

Would you be able to save this as a chart template & send an email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com so that we can attempt to reproduce?

Please also provide a reference to this forum thread.

Thank you,
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

See if you can reproduce without a template. Here's what I found:

1. On a 1-min chart with a single data series, the cursor time was correct when directly over a candle's wicks. (See first screen shot below. Cursor is on 15:50 candle.)

2. When a second 1-min data series was added, the cursor time was off by a minute when the cursor was in the same position, directly over a candle's wicks. (See second screen shot below. Cursor is on two 15:50 candles and time is incorrect.)

3. If the cursor was moved off the wicks in the multi-series case, even a tiny move to the right resulted in the correct time being displayed. (See third screen shot. Cursor is still on two 15:50 candles though not on the wicks, and the time is now correct.)
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I have been able to reproduce this on my end. I will need to speak with our development team and will follow up as soon as I gather additional information.

Thank you for your patience.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

After speaking with our development team this is expected behavior. The crosshair displays the exact value on the x-axis timeline (exact the where position of the cross hair is) and the databox displays the time value of the bar.

Comment

Why is the X-axis timeline different for a single data series vs. two data series? I'd call that unexpected....

Comment

When using a multi series chart the chart X-Axis does not use equidistant spacing therefore the time stamp is based off of pixels where as a single series chart equidistance is used and the bar is time stamped base off of the specific bar.

Comment

Looks like this intersects my recent suggestion that equidistant bar spacing be allowed on multi-series charts in certain cases: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=35917. This case would qualify, and then the cursor time would be correct.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post yertle
                by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes