Very annoying bug: NT forgets(?) cost basis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very annoying bug: NT forgets(?) cost basis

This happens occasionally, a few times a month. FYI, I trade >1K ES RTs per month.
    I use static superdom and also have chart trader enabled on my trading chart. Thus normally, both the superdom and the chart show my orders and cost basis.

However, sometimes the cost basis gets completely messed up. It may happen that on entering a short ES position @ 1200, both the superdom and the chart trader will show an unrealized loss of 1200 points with ES still @ 1200, i.e. NT will think I had shorted ES @ the price of Zero! WOW!! It was a real shocker the 1st time I saw it happen! Of course, it also results in the ES chart getting squeezed against the top of the chart window (on semilog chart), so I would need to switch the chart trader into Sim mode to be able to see current prices.

Most of the time I saw it happen with short trades where NT remembered an entry price of zero, and I think it happens regardless of position size.

The cure is to quit and restart NT. I have been seeing it with various versions of NT7, currently running RC1.

Two examples attached, from the log.

Geo
    Attached Files

Hello,

I see these screenshot are from the 5th which was beta 22. Has this occured on RC1? If so do you have a time and date this occured on if so please let me know so that I may get further information and look into this.

Thank You for reporting.

Comment

Hello Brett,

Thank you for your quick response. Here you are, on the 12th, with NT7RC1.

Code:
      2010-11-12 11:33:28 AM|1|16|Execution='2ooni07tbzq0' Instrument='ES 12-10' Account='XXXXXXXXXX' Exchange=Globex Price=1202 Quantity=1 Market position=Long Operation=Insert Order='0HTWQY167' Time='2010-11-12 11:33:31 AM'
      2010-11-12 11:33:28 AM|1|64|Instrument='ES 12-10' Account='XXXXXXXXXX' Avg price=0 Quantity=1 Market position=Long Operation=Insert Currency=UsDollar
      Geo

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for responding. Excellent please send this trace and log file to support at ninjatrader dot com and put attn: Brett in the subject line and attach the trace and log file for this date.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett, I forgot to add two things.

Fortunately, this bug - although really annoying - does not affect P/L calculations for the day, or in the performance report, as orders and executions are still recorded with correct prices. The correct price just gets lost on its way to the DOM and chart trader.

The other thing is that when it happens, something becomes "off" in NT, and any successive trades are bound to suffer from the same oddity. Restarting NT seems to cure the problem.

I am sending you the log and trace files shortly. Thank you for your help.

Geo

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

I will look into, also please send and email direct from the applications ->Help->Mail To Support and check mark to send the log and trace and also the db and workspaces. For me to look into this.

Also, about how many times does this occur?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
            12 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DrakeiJosh  
            Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rhubear