indicators ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators ?

are these the only indicators that will be included with NT8 , ?

We have plans to release more, just not at this time. All of the indicators from NT7 are available in NT8 and we plan to add more around the public release.

We're always taking suggestions for new indicators and will implement these based on customer demand. Please send in any suggestions to [email protected] so we can tally your votes.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

oh ok kool , am looking forward to some order flow and profile , thanks

Comment

Yep another vote for order flow profile tools. I'm sure Gomi will port his across but if you guys have anything similar then please add it in. The volume profile in the new DOM is very handy for me.

Comment

Me three, a simple example of how to display the L2 ladder in the chart aligned with price would be good. I think there is a simple EdsLevel2.cs which is open source. That would be great to get me started.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the example of EdsLevel2,

I have created a Sample of accessing and Plotting the Level 2 as a ladder in the chart for NT8.

Because the Plot override has been replaced by the OnRender there are some fairly large differences between the two which I have noted below.

In the Onrender method, you can see the overloads of: ChartControl and ChartScale.
            In NT8, ChartControl will be used for X axis and ChartScale will be Y access.

The graphics object that was used in NT7 has been replaced by RenderTarget.

There is no longer a LastBarPainted, this has been replaced by LastSlotPainted.

Colors have been replaced with Brushes,
            For OnRender specifically the type of brush will differ from other items such as DrawingObjects. You would need use SharpDX.Direct2D1.Brush, because this is fairly different, you can instead still use a Brush but would need to append .ToDxBrush(RenderTarget) or Brushes.Green.ToDxBrush(RenderTarget) as an example.

As I can not test every situation, If you locate any errors or come up with anything in the log related to this sample, please let me know I would like to correct any errors I may have missed in conversion and also use that to ensure NT8 is working 100%.
            Attached Files
            JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
              Hello,

Thank you for providing the example of EdsLevel2,

I have created a Sample of accessing and Plotting the Level 2 as a ladder in the chart for NT8.

Because the Plot override has been replaced by the OnRender there are some fairly large differences between the two which I have noted below.

In the Onrender method, you can see the overloads of: ChartControl and ChartScale.
              In NT8, ChartControl will be used for X axis and ChartScale will be Y access.

The graphics object that was used in NT7 has been replaced by RenderTarget.

There is no longer a LastBarPainted, this has been replaced by LastSlotPainted.

Colors have been replaced with Brushes,
              For OnRender specifically the type of brush will differ from other items such as DrawingObjects. You would need use SharpDX.Direct2D1.Brush, because this is fairly different, you can instead still use a Brush but would need to append .ToDxBrush(RenderTarget) or Brushes.Green.ToDxBrush(RenderTarget) as an example.

As I can not test every situation, If you locate any errors or come up with anything in the log related to this sample, please let me know I would like to correct any errors I may have missed in conversion and also use that to ensure NT8 is working 100%.
              Awesome! Thank you for this code, it will help get many of us started on converting some unique tools!

I am sure I will have quests as I don't see this sync well with the DOM, how difficult is it to increases the refresh rate and mark the screen as dirty in the OnMarketDepth() function. I will tell you one thing, I quickly learned what can take down NT8 very efficiently. Simply add this line to the OnMarketDEPTH():

ChartControl.InvalidateVisual();

Wow, a good test for the stability of the system would be if the developers can catch something this stupid and save the system. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but let me simply say "IT IS NOT A GOOD IDEA".

EDIT: Added image and difference between DOM and Chart, Image helps people understand what this code helps to accomplish.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by NJA_MC; 05-07-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

For SharpDx stuff, these are some pretty straight to the point tutorials we've been using internally and will ultimately will have our own NS context stuff available for you guys to learn from:

A SharpDX tutorial for Windows Store apps on how to initialize a Direct2D context and draw geometric shapes using solid color and gradient brushes.

NJA_MC: Side note, we now have an Indicator ForceRefresh() method which should help check for threading issues before calling invalidate... It has not been extensively tested, but is documented. Try that if you ran into issues before.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                1 response
                0 likes