Instrument Tick Size Update "APPLY"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Tick Size Update "APPLY"

I connected to the new 64BIT TDAmeritrade connection.

I noted that in the ORDERS tab of the overall system, the limit orders seem to show only 2 decimal places. Some of the OTC stocks such as TRSI go down to $0.0001 which I don't seem to get reflected in that table. I did adjust the tick size in the Instrument manage and hit APPLY which I figured would force NT8 to update. It did not update the resolution in the NT Manager, I had to stop and restart NT8 to get this change to occur. This means the APPLY button really has no value in that screen or is not configured properly.

I would image this apply to any instrument, not just TDAmeritrade/OTC instruments.

Apply does in fact change the instrument. However the order has already been downloaded using the old version of the instrument. A restart or more specifically a disconnect and reconnect would be required for the new applied changed to take effect.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Apply does in fact change the instrument. However the order has already been downloaded using the old version of the instrument. A restart or more specifically a disconnect and reconnect would be required for the new applied changed to take effect.
      Hi Brett,

Thanks, figured as much. A dialog box warning to disconnect or restart after apply might be helpful. As I did fix the problem, but didn't know I needed to restart/disconnect for the solution to show in my current session. i don't know if you can put up the dialog box only if you sense it is a live instrument within NT8. This might cut down on support calls later. (not urgent)

Comment

Thanks, yea not a bad idea. I try to cut down on the amount of pop ups as much as possible but this might warranted. I'll add it to my list.

Comment

Turns out we already did this but only for instrument name renames and deletes. I will change it to be more broad in Beta 2. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH