Plot() method in NT8 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot() method in NT8 ???

Can some testers confirm if the Plot() method is still available for use in NT8?

This method is critical for the development of many (unsupported) features.

Thanks.
    Pi
    ninZa
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - ninZa.co

Originally posted by ninZa View Post
    Can some testers confirm if the Plot() method is still available for use in NT8?

Thanks.
    Pi
    There is no Plot method to override - it has been replaced by:
    Code:
    protected override void OnRender(ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale)
    {
    }

Comment

Originally posted by gregid View Post
      There is no Plot method to override - it has been replaced by:
      Code:
      protected override void OnRender(ChartControl chartControl, ChartScale chartScale)
      {
      }
      Akkkkk

There will be massive changes.

However, I think we can take the graphics object from chartControl.CreateGraphics(), and bounds rectangle + min & max prices from chartScale. Is this right gregid?

Thank you very much.
      Pi
      ninZa

Comment

It has similar functionality, the main difference is that drawing methods/objects has mostly been replaced by SharpDX (DirectX)

Comment

Thanks. There are a lot of new things to learn

What about the toolbar? Is it still ToolStrip, with which we can get the toolbar as:

toolStrip = (ToolStrip)ChartControl.Controls["tsrTool"];

Thank you.
          Pi
          ninZa

Comment

Thanks. There are a lot of new things to learn

What about the toolbar? Is it still ToolStrip, with which we can get the toolbar as:

toolStrip = (ToolStrip)ChartControl.Controls["tsrTool"];

Thank you.
            Pi
            Still exploring but till now I couldn't get handle for toolstrip or any control for that matter, ie. there are no Controls inside ChartControl - although I don't doubt there is a way of doing this - it is still ahead of me.
            But yeah, custom scripts like the ones you developed will require quite a lot of changes.

Comment

Originally posted by gregid View Post
              Still exploring but till now I couldn't get handle for toolstrip or any control for that matter, ie. there are no Controls inside ChartControl - although I don't doubt there is a way of doing this - it is still ahead of me.
              But yeah, custom scripts like the ones you developed will require quite a lot of changes.
              @@

If you discover something new about the ChartControl, please drop me a message here or via PM. Of course we will find the solution, sooner or later.

Thank you very much.
              Pi
              ninZa

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing this too for overhauling the ChartTrader Panel and modifying the toolbar on a chart. Thanks, guys!
                lawyse
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Affordable Indicators

Comment

Thanks.
                  Pi
                  Take a look at the SampleCustomPlot and BarTimer default indicators.. Both provide decent examples of this.. and add me to the list of interested parties regarding the toolbar..

-=Edge=-
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by lawyse View Post
                    I'd be interested in seeing this too for overhauling the ChartTrader Panel and modifying the toolbar on a chart. Thanks, guys!
                    I need ChartTrader access for order execution tools too

Originally posted by -=Edge=-
                    Take a look at the SampleCustomPlot and BarTimer default indicators.. Both provide decent examples of this.. and add me to the list of interested parties regarding the toolbar..
                    Where can we have access to those files? I think they are included in your NT8 installation . Would it be possible to attach the files here?

Thank you.
                    Pi
                    ninZa

Comment

@SampleCustomPlots and @BarTime should be distributed in your custom\indicator folder. Let me know if not and I can PM them to you (we'd also want to know where they went!)

I'd also suggest you guys take a look over the DrawingTools and ChartStyles, as they demonstrate a great deal of interacting with OnRender() with SharpDX, as well as native chartControl/chartScale elements.

Custom chart rendering is next up on our list to complete for the NT8 documentation. Your experiences are very welcome at this time.
                      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                        @SampleCustomPlots and @BarTime should be distributed in your custom\indicator folder. Let me know if not and I can PM them to you (we'd also want to know where they went!)

I'd also suggest you guys take a look over the DrawingTools and ChartStyles, as they demonstrate a great deal of interacting with OnRender() with SharpDX, as well as native chartControl/chartScale elements.

Custom chart rendering is next up on our list to complete for the NT8 documentation. Your experiences are very welcome at this time.
                        I don't have the files because I'm not a tester. I am outside the circle
                        I will be very glad if you can PM me the files.

Thank you.
                        Pi
                        ninZa

Comment

My apologies, I did not realize you were not quite in the beta program. I will not be able to provide other than what has been offered in the Reference Sample section.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post

Yes, this will be most welcome. It appears that you are using a new API, SharpDX, with no direct exposure of a graphics object/context to grab for standard c# graphics. It is wreaking havoc with most of my Custom Plots, especially, any such that I use to display a table.

If it comes to the worst, I may have to resort to subscribing to the PaintEventHandler, and running my Plots from there.

Comment

I see - if you can send me an example of some of the issues you've experienced, I can see if I can streamline a solution in the context of SharpDX. [email protected] or PM will work for any custom scripts if needed.

For what it is worth, the SuperDOM Columns gives you a standard WPF DrawingContext you can use to render custom grids/tables (albeit our documentation is lacking here as well). I'm sure this does not help for your indicators, but could be worth looking into.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                              13 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post frankthearm  
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes