Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there some new secret sauce for connecting to MBTrading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there some new secret sauce for connecting to MBTrading?

1. Installed the NT8 Beta. Migrated my Connections from NT7 during the installation.
    Tried multiple times to connect to MBTrading.

Attempting to connect actually opens MBT Desktop application, and waits for permission to do so. Extra clicks required both to start the MBT Desktop and allow connection through the Windows Firewall. Disabling the Windows Firewall still leaves the extra click to allow MBT Desktop to run, unless one disables the Windows UAC!

Result as in first picture.

2. Opened MBTrading Desktop. Enabled API as shown in second picture.

Result: error as in third picture

3. However, on a lark, I attempted to connect again, and success.
    • This is most unintuitive.
    • We need to return to being able to connect without having to take extra steps to allow MBT Destop to run. In other words: "Click to connect, and we should be able to connect just like we did in NT7." The extra step is onerous, especially to those who might want to connect on startup. (I do not, but that is neither here nor there)

Edit: Why is your BB software changing the display order of the attached pictures? They are not being displayed in the order listed as posted in the "Manage Attachments" section. I will leave you to sort out the correct order of the pictures, based on the description of the errors. I am rather a bit tired of trying to get the pictures to post in the correct order that I uploaded them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by koganam; 05-05-2015, 09:33 AM.

Hello koganam,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I will follow up when I have further details on the MBT connection and the image sorting in the forum.

Comment

Hello koganam,

Thank you for your patience.

So the initial set up of the MBT Desktop Pro connection is going to be different here. Below are the necessary steps, we are working on updating documentation for this.

Most of these steps you already followed.
      1. You must start MBT Desktop Pro by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator. Very important or you will receive an error.
      2. When it loads you must go to File > Configure API > Enable API > OK.
      3. You must then Connect in NT 8.
      4. Then restart NT 8 and close MBT Desktop Pro.
      5. Then go to Connections > MBT in NT 8. This will allow you to connect to MBT Desktop Pro without the need to manually start MBT Desktop Pro.

It is possible the image listing has been changed since the last update for the forum, and there would not be a way to change this at this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
        Hello koganam,

Thank you for your patience.

So the initial set up of the MBT Desktop Pro connection is going to be different here. Below are the necessary steps, we are working on updating documentation for this.

Most of these steps you already followed.
        1. You must start MBT Desktop Pro by right clicking and selecting Run As Administrator. Very important or you will receive an error.
        2. When it loads you must go to File > Configure API > Enable API > OK.
        3. You must then Connect in NT 8.
        4. Then restart NT 8 and close MBT Desktop Pro.
        5. Then go to Connections > MBT in NT 8. This will allow you to connect to MBT Desktop Pro without the need to manually start MBT Desktop Pro.

It is possible the image listing has been changed since the last update for the forum, and there would not be a way to change this at this time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
        That is not what is happening here. I still have to manually allow MBT Desktop to start every time that I try.

I notice though that you are talking of MBTDesktop Pro. I am using MBT Desktop v11.9.0.51, just as required in NT7.

Maybe we need to know exactly what type and version of MBT is required? Much as NT7 required specific versions of MBTDesktop? So what are the versions required for the magic sauce to cook properly?
        Last edited by koganam; 05-09-2015, 04:33 AM.

Comment

MBT Desktop and MBT Desktop Pro are different applications (As you may or may not be aware)

NT7 used MBT Desktop. NT8 uses MBT Desktop Pro.

Downloading the latest version should do the trick off their website and you will be required. As far as the extra clicks to connect it is unfortunately required and is a limitation (No way around on this API that we have found).

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
            MBT Desktop and MBT Desktop Pro are different applications (As you may or may not be aware)

NT7 used MBT Desktop. NT8 uses MBT Desktop Pro.

Downloading the latest version should do the trick off their website and you will be required. As far as the extra clicks to connect it is unfortunately required and is a limitation (No way around on this API that we have found).
            Thanks for taking a look. I just happened to be doing this in a new VM, running untweaked OS, made specifically for my NT8 Beta testing.

On my real trading VM, as I do nothing other than run trading, I will not have the problem anyway, as I disable all security. No antimalware, disable UAC, The only way for malware to get in is through the trading app, which is impossible, as I only use the official versions.

IOW, that pause to ask for permission to run, will not really be an issue in MY setup. But we probably have to let users know that that is what is going to happen.

Comment

Thanks and agreed. I'll be putting together a connection guide for them mentioning that fact.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post terofs
              by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM
              1 response
              0 likes