Error on skin change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on skin change

Found a bug when changing skins. My initial install of the beta I allowed it to import everything from NT7 and I had this error on a skin change. Not knowing whether the NT7 stuff impacted NT8 I uninstalled NT7, deleted all the directories and did a fresh install of NT8 beta. Configured my connection, connected and then tried to change the skin. First attempt the below error popped up but clicking ok made it go away and the skin changed as expected after restarting NT8. I have tried a few more skin changes and it doesn't occur every time.

I have also noticed after shutting NT8 down, it appears to shut down but it stays in my process list. Attempting to start NT8 again gives the usual "one instance at a time" error message. I can kill the task and restart no problems though. I gave it about 10 minutes before killing it though to make sure it wasn't just doing a brief tidy up after I closed the program.
    Last edited by Treggs; 05-05-2015, 07:23 PM.

Thanks for the report.

The error indicates an issue with accessing files and is more of a generic can't access a file message.

Do you have any antivirus? Backups? Cload drives replication services that might be using a file that NinjaTrader needs?

I would be really surprised you don't see similar issue with NT7 but that might point to an NT8 issue we needed to get to the bottom of as well but this is a good starting point to start eliminating.

If you dont have anything like that running that we can't disable for testing then I will want to grab your log and trace files as a next step.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post sarafuenonly123  
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo