SuperDOM Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuperDOM Issue

I started to play with the SuperDOM and setup a simple 10 tick PT/SL strategy.

I entered a SHORT MARKET order and got the "Unhandled exception:" error shown below. Things still seemed to work, so I simply closed that order (no error) and tried to open another order.

I got the same error, this time it told me order filled, but the DOM showed FLAT and the PT/SL didn't show on the DOM. So I tried to enter another SHORT same thing, not order but states FILLED and not SL/PT. I then tried to enter a LONG and got the next error "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until at least one of its entry orders has been filled." So it thinks something is out there... It looks like I now have two ATMs active but when I select between them, nothing shows and I can't close them to deactivate.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
    I started to play with the SuperDOM and setup a simple 10 tick PT/SL strategy.

I entered a SHORT MARKET order and got the "Unhandled exception:" error shown below. Things still seemed to work, so I simply closed that order (no error) and tried to open another order.

I got the same error, this time it told me order filled, but the DOM showed FLAT and the PT/SL didn't show on the DOM. So I tried to enter another SHORT same thing, not order but states FILLED and not SL/PT. I then tried to enter a LONG and got the next error "You can't submit an exit order to a strategy until at least one of its entry orders has been filled." So it thinks something is out there... It looks like I now have two ATMs active but when I select between them, nothing shows and I can't close them to deactivate.
    Live market? Playback? If the latter, Replay Data or Historical?

Thanks
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry to leave off those details,

It was "Live" SIM101, with a connection to NT Brokerage. Instrument was ES 06-15 if I recall.

Comment

It is taking a while, but I am emailing all data to Support for this issue. I am hoping it isn't stuck but think I need to reset my database to clear the ATM positions.

Before I do that, I want to make sure you have the files you need. This could be rated to failed scripts and/or errors so you might not be able to reproduce it but hopefully the DB will help you understand what may have happened.

Okay, looks like the Chart Data I attached is 250MB, that is likely causing the delay. I see the files prepped in the TMP directory that are heading to you.

Comment

It looks like the email/ftpl to support is failing. It has been sending for over 30 Mins. What files do you need and I can email them to you directly. It is the ChartData which is 250Meg, I assume that is not of great interest with this issue.

Comment

I reproduced similar error and fixed internally yesterday. Error was caused by an FX Board being open and buy market with ATM strategy on the DOM.

Did you by chance have an FX Board open?

If not I will wait for your trace files to get in. If its still taking to long or errors can you please resend with traces and workspaces is likely all I need.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              I reproduced similar error and fixed internally yesterday. Error was caused by an FX Board being open and buy market with ATM strategy on the DOM.

Did you by chance have an FX Board open?

If not I will wait for your trace files to get in. If its still taking to long or errors can you please resend with traces and workspaces is likely all I need.

Thanks.
              Hi Brett,

It looks like it just completed (seconds before I was going to kill it...) patients....

I do remember opening the FX Board to look at it, but don't believe it was open when I placed the Market Order on the DOM.

Hopefully the package I sent helps. I will reset my Database and will post back if that didn't clear the issue so I can get back to testing.

Comment

Thanks. Was two bugs here that got squashed.

1) FX Board exception when open on position update
                2) FX Board continues to cause exception after being closed (leak)

Both have been fixed. Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Great,

So far that is the only major issue I have seen. Great job to the NT8 development team.

Very impressive release, you guys should be proud!

-Greg

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes