Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 versus NT8 loading chart Templates + User Experience notes

NT7 versus NT8 loading Templates after chart creation

NT7 allows a very easy method for fast loading of templates..
    which you cannot do in NT8 - use the keyboard to select very easily and load the templates
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

You cannot do that in NT8.... impact...it can take literary hour/s to what can be done in minutes in NT7.

NT8 is a major leap successfully forwards compared to NT7 no doubt for data loading, coding, quality, concept and general features - yes... but.... in the current release it has moved backwards when comparing NT7 to NT8 side by side for the UI basics... "user timing" NT7 is far quicker to use - opening a chart, loading templates, saving workspaces, down to UI usability - The choice of UI widgets and menu actions.. are time consuming too.

NT8 in current release requires more use of the mouse, clicking and selecting items and that is the bottleneck... simple stuff to change and a low priority for now surely

99% of that resolved by:
    key shortcuts for menu/ menuitems
    populating defaults in popup forms
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Compare strategy loading user journey - Same speed and effort and clicks

Here is a demo - that proves key short cuts are very good as NT7 to NT8 user story to load a strategy is almost identical - currentyl i prefer the old property grid as i find it quicker to use but thats because i still new to NT8 - the NT8 property grid allows far more superior control :-)

loading a strategy in NT7

loading a strategy in NT8 - ok i was slow to enable it
    Last edited by MicroTrends; 05-06-2015, 04:02 AM.
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Thanks for the feedback.

The menu shortcuts I'm looking into for in your other thread. Likely will close/discontinue this one to keep it all on the other feedback thread that I posted in.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jclose
    by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes