Collapse

Visual Studio integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just experienced variation of this problem (in VS 2015)

I've first lost intellisense in VS for NinjaTrader.Custom project, and since restarting VS (closing it and starting VS from NinjaScript Editor) didn't help I did what I always do in that circumstances - Rebuilt the solution in VS. This caused 2 files previously included in the project (one indicator and one common classes) to be omitted. After adding them manually the solution could be rebuilt and I had Intellisense back in VS.

EDIT: After writing this I realized the reason why I lost intellisense was that the files had been excluded from the solution in the first place! So ALL the files I have been working on (which had changes made to them since opening of Visual Studio) have been excluded from the Custom project after reload.
    Last edited by gregid; 11-06-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

As a side note - in VS2015 one save is enough to compile - so I gather the other issue I mentioned may be VS2012 (upgrade 5) problem.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to update the thread on the status of VS loosing intellesense or loosing track of files.

This has been identified as a bug and is being looked into by development currently. For those who would like to keep using VS with intellesense when this occurs, there are simple steps you can do to re include the file.

In vs when you notice intellesense is not working, look in the solution explorer to see if the file you are editing is listed. If it is not, in the solution explorer toolbar click "Show all files" and then locate your file. Right click it and select "Include in project" and the intellesense should return.

Thank you all for the reports!

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I'm happy to report that this issue does appear resolved in our most recent internal build as of yesterday. Please keep an eye out for this issue when the Beta 7 build is released, and let us know if you still see the same behavior at that time.
          Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
            In vs when you notice intellesense is not working, look in the solution explorer to see if the file you are editing is listed.
            In my edit I noticed that was the case. Glad it is confirmed!

Comment

NT Team,

Happy to hear this issue will be resolved with the release of Beta 7. Any guidance on the timing?

I've encountered another consequence of "loosing track of files" (i.e. individual strategies / indicators fall out of VS Solution Explorer). Where version control is used in VS and a file falls out of VS Solution Explorer, the file is excluded from commits. In the short term this has little impact. However, where version control branches are merged or reverted the files are simply not there. They are lost.

In the upcoming patch, please ensure the above issue is addressed.

Shannon

Comment

Yeah, that's a frustrating little bug. I can't remember how many times I had to re-add various scripts to the solution so far. But well - it is beta so things like this are bound to happen. Nevertheless fingers crossed it will work perfectly in the final release. In the meantime I am also interested in the timeline for Beta 7.

Comment

We are aiming for the end of November for the release of Beta 7, barring any unforeseen circumstances.
                  Dave I.NinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

This issue persists in Beta 9.

Originally posted by gregid View Post
                    Yeah, that's a frustrating little bug. I can't remember how many times I had to re-add various scripts to the solution so far. But well - it is beta so things like this are bound to happen. Nevertheless fingers crossed it will work perfectly in the final release. In the meantime I am also interested in the timeline for Beta 7.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to check, have you done upgrade installs since the last post? If so, could you try doing a clean installation to confirm this has been resolved? I have not had any other reports of this in the last few beta versions so potentially this is caused by an old file from upgrading.

If you have done clean install and this is still occurring, can you provide the exact steps used to reproduce? Without the exact steps to reproduce this, I could not really submit anything as this has already been submitted and addressed. In the case there is still a scenario that causes this I would need to get the steps used to submit further information on this item.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Hello Jesse,

It has been happening with Beta 8 also.(With Beta 8 did a clean install).

I will upload a video with the steps.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I would need further details to be able to do anything here.

I can not confirm this on my end and have not been able to since after beta 7, if you have steps to reproduce this please include them so we can take action on this post. Otherwise I can only suggest to try to refine what you are doing and take note of the steps and hopefully we can locate what is causing this for you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jesse View Post
                            Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I would need further details to be able to do anything here.

I can not confirm this on my end and have not been able to since after beta 7, if you have steps to reproduce this please include them so we can take action on this post. Otherwise I can only suggest to try to refine what you are doing and take note of the steps and hopefully we can locate what is causing this for you.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                            I have just send an email with a video to platformsupport. (Att. NinjaTrader_Jesse)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for providing the video.

I will review it and reply back by email.

Comment

It has been working quite well recently only today it decided to remove all subfolders from my Strategy folder (files included). As I said it didn't happen for a while to me but just letting you know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jaybedreamin