X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Brett
    replied
    Sorry not following 100%

Are you referencing the AddDataSeries() and adding in a secondary series or the ISeries<T> DataSeries objects?

I believe your referncing AddDataSeries() in which case we do have a new AddDataSeries() overload where you can specify the amount of data to load.

AddDataSeries(string instrumentName, BarsPeriod barsPeriod, int barsToLoad, string tradingHoursName, bool? isResetOnNewTradingDay)

Leave a comment:

• MicroTrends
    started a topic NT8 - Dataseries Overloads

NT8 - Dataseries Overloads

Sometthing like this is a handy thing to have:

This will improve performance and the problems with people and historical data...
    And will allow developers to really do some very nice things without performance or data impacts...

you dont want to load historical data always
    you want to also control the sessiotemplate
    and periodtype and period

DataSeries dSDaily = new Dataseries(Daily,1, doNotLoadHistorical, sessionTemplateRTH)

or would it be similar to:
    DataSeries dSDaily = new DataSeries(BarsPeriod barsPeriod, int barsToLoad, string tradingHoursName)

I would pay you to add this

sometimes i use arrays and generics to do the job of dataseries as above quite often to avoid overheads - but then i have to sometimes write a subsystem of indicators that do not use dataseries they work off the arrays.... are far more lightweight and quicker than NT indicators as they just array and formula based - but time consuming.... so then i might then copy the values to an indicator based on a dataseries... and its all quite crazy as the above solutions would work very good
    Last edited by MicroTrends; 05-07-2015, 08:11 PM.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post algospoke  
Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post maybeimnotrader  
Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM