X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 AddPlot OverLoad for PriceMarkers

Scenario you have a complex indicator that uses many plots

without the need to overload the Plot event and go custom
    you simply want to use 1 or 2 plots to mark the price in the right hand margin

bool showPriceMarker = false;
    AddPlot(new Pen(Brushes.Blue, 3), PlotStyle.Line, "myPlot", showPriceMarker);

showPriceMarker = true;
    AddPlot(new Pen(Brushes.Red, 3), PlotStyle.Line, "myMainPlot", showPriceMarker);

this would really save a lot of time in some scenarios
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Thanks for the suggestion.

I would have to do some spec work to figure this out (What takes priority this or the price marker setting on the indicator for example).

I'll add it to the list and likely will be looking for more user feedback before we implemented that. #335

Comment

Not sure if this is what MicroTrends was suggesting, but as I look at charts and price markers, this is what I want to be able to do:
      • Add any number of price markers that I want, each based on a Data Series -- the obvious ones are Ask, Bid, Last
      • Add any number of price markers that I want, each based on a variable value that can be set as required -- this becomes an ad hoc "streaming Data Series" (for want of a better analogy) that would be very useful for arbitrary price markings that one might want to put on a chart at any time; e.g. Stop Loss, Profit Target, Entry price, user-defined significant price point, etc.
      • Format price markers in any format I want (colour, text, font, etc) [some of this is available in FormatPriceMarker() ... thanks!]
      • Enable/disable a line that extends from the price marker arrow point for any length from full width to a designated length
      • Format the line described above (colour, width, style, etc)
      • Show/hide any defined price marker added and being displayed [setting PaintPriceMarkers is a start, but this is is needed on an individual price marker basis]
      • Able to do any of this from anywhere: indicators, strategies, addons, etc.

I hope this at least includes what MicroTrends was asking for.

Many thanks!
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by jeronymite View Post
        Not sure if this is what MicroTrends was suggesting, but as I look at charts and price markers, this is what I want to be able to do:
        • Add any number of price markers that I want, each based on a Data Series -- the obvious ones are Ask, Bid, Last
        • Add any number of price markers that I want, each based on a variable value that can be set as required -- this becomes an ad hoc "streaming Data Series" (for want of a better analogy) that would be very useful for arbitrary price markings that one might want to put on a chart at any time; e.g. Stop Loss, Profit Target, Entry price, user-defined significant price point, etc.
        • Format price markers in any format I want (colour, text, font, etc) [some of this is available in FormatPriceMarker() ... thanks!]
        • Enable/disable a line that extends from the price marker arrow point for any length from full width to a designated length
        • Format the line described above (colour, width, style, etc)
        • Show/hide any defined price marker added and being displayed [setting PaintPriceMarkers is a start, but this is is needed on an individual price marker basis]
        • Able to do any of this from anywhere: indicators, strategies, addons, etc.

I hope this at least includes what MicroTrends was asking for.

Many thanks!
        Sounds good - really it was to stop clutter on the price scale when using 2 or more plots
        so sounds like this one: PaintPriceMarkers is a start, but this is is needed on an individual price marker basis]
        MicroTrends
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Hi Brett. Just wondering if the additional feedback I provided was added to #335 for consideration by Development or if there is anything else you need? Thanks!
          jeronymite

Comment

I references this forum post when I created 335 so your good for now. No work done on 335 currently and should be good on info to be able to proceed.

Comment

Just seeking an update on this. Thanks.
              jeronymite

Comment

We have not done any work in this area and do not have anything to update.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes