Add-On Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add-On Discussion

I am interested in using Add-On's for some heavy lifting. Mainly central processing that is common in 90% of the indicators on certain charts. If I centralize this, I don't need to make ~40 copies of the same data and calculations so this seems perfect.

What isn't clear to me is how to connect a Strategy/Indicator to an Add-On?

1) How can you gracefully tell it has been installed?

2) I would like to pass a ADDON.Subscribe("ES") type of command to ask it to start processing that instrument, how would this be done?

3) After each "bar" lets say, I would want to call for data summary ADDON.Summary("ES")

It seems like the AddOn should allow this, but it isn't clear how to make this connection.

Add On is complete c# blank slate that gives you the ability to 'bootstrap' on NT window launch and also has support for all the core functionality we use "Accounts", "Orders", "Executions", "Connections", and even shows example of common controls we have developed. Account selectors, price selectors, etc.

So what you could do is something like this:

1) In OnWindowCreated() start a singleton instance or static class "Google singleton class c# for more information' that would do your heavy lifting.

2) Then in you would reference this class from your indicators and strategies using the 'services' you have defined.

This is just the general concept. Let me know if you needed some further guidance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred