Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 - growing excitement each day

To all at NT and the forum

I push some points and drive you nuts sometimes i know - i test and do things no normal trader will do... why because i want the best and i think really you have surpassed many expectations... i really don't care so much for form or skins - i care for function and really NT8 is oozing internally - a real coders paradise...

I am not thinking now... OMG i have to migrate about 100 products+ i am thinking OMG look what i can build...and i am like a kid in a candy store again!

Well seriously really there are some awesome changes here - and i have to say the NT developers are extremely awesome.... so that is why... and dont forget the whole dev team... business analysts, product managers, technical authors and dont' forget the testers too..... and whoever does the UAT? is that us?

So i am looking at changes and features and really impressed!!! i cannot say in words how... only that... i am very looking forward to moving away from NT7 as much as i love my codebase in it

i can already see massive potential here for NT8 - coupled with the tested quality and software development process you have in house now compared to when NT7 was launched i am looking forward to seeing NT8 being adopted by commercials and helping with that process as it is very fit for purpose!!!!

its great to be working with NT
    thank you all!

Tom
    Last edited by MicroTrends; 05-08-2015, 10:18 AM.
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Coder's paradise - that's exactly the phrase I used after first dive into new NinjaScript!
    Obviously there are things to iron out but it is expected in the beta product. As to the bugs - I remember the NT7 beta and my opinion is that you've learned the lesson

So let me join on congratulating you guys on the job very well done!

Comment

Originally posted by gregid View Post
      Coder's paradise - that's exactly the phrase I used after first dive into new NinjaScript!
      Obviously there are things to iron out but it is expected in the beta product. As to the bugs - I remember the NT7 beta and my opinion is that you've learned the lesson

So let me join on congratulating you guys on the job very well done!
      That's 100%!!!:
      MicroTrends

Comment

Great, really appreciate the feedback and glad you are finding the extra functionality useful. Thank you for beta testing as well! We're working tirelessly to get these things ironed out so we can get to the general public release out as soon as possible.

Comment

Hey Brett - I haven't been beta testing but I am looking forward to the moment in the near future (hint, hint!) when it's rolled out...

Just this question: will there be some kind of online guide which will explain how to to 'translate' code, function by function, method by method, from NT7 to 8.

This would be soooooooooooooo helpful. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
            To all at NT and the forum

I push some points and drive you nuts sometimes i know - i test and do things no normal trader will do... why because i want the best and i think really you have surpassed many expectations... i really don't care so much for form or skins - i care for function and really NT8 is oozing internally - a real coders paradise...

I am not thinking now... OMG i have to migrate about 100 products+ i am thinking OMG look what i can build...and i am like a kid in a candy store again!

Well seriously really there are some awesome changes here - and i have to say the NT developers are extremely awesome.... so that is why... and dont forget the whole dev team... business analysts, product managers, technical authors and dont' forget the testers too..... and whoever does the UAT? is that us?

So i am looking at changes and features and really impressed!!! i cannot say in words how... only that... i am very looking forward to moving away from NT7 as much as i love my codebase in it

i can already see massive potential here for NT8 - coupled with the tested quality and software development process you have in house now compared to when NT7 was launched i am looking forward to seeing NT8 being adopted by commercials and helping with that process as it is very fit for purpose!!!!

its great to be working with NT
            thank you all!

Tom
            No. You are wrong. It is not paradise: there are no words yet written to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
              Hey Brett - I haven't been beta testing but I am looking forward to the moment in the near future (hint, hint!) when it's rolled out...

Just this question: will there be some kind of online guide which will explain how to to 'translate' code, function by function, method by method, from NT7 to 8.

This would be soooooooooooooo helpful. Thanks.
              Yes there will be an exact code breaking changes document that will show the NT7 version and the NT8 version so you can quickly and easily make the changes needed. We already have it released to the closed beta users and will release it to all once we get through closed beta (Still could be changes).

Comment

Thanks, Brett. That's really useful to know.

The beta testers in this thread are being very positive about NT8 so I'm looking forward to using it.

The greatest advantage as far as I can see is that it will address multiple cores and so will work that much faster.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by arbuthnot View Post
                  Thanks, Brett. That's really useful to know.

The beta testers in this thread are being very positive about NT8 so I'm looking forward to using it.

The greatest advantage as far as I can see is that it will address multiple cores and so will work that much faster.

Cheers.
                  Great and glad your excited we're working hard polishing it up to be able to release. Also just to be clear a computer's processor will only process as fast as its core speed. All Multi-Threading does is distribute the load across modern day PC hardware that have multiple CPUs. So NinjaTrader 8 will not technically be 'faster' due to this fact alone (Though there are other under the hood core reasons why we would be faster) and instead give us more processing bandwidth so if you have many charts open with many indicators for example it will have less chance of bogging down the PC as the load is distributed across the PC cores.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                    Great and glad your excited we're working hard polishing it up to be able to release. Also just to be clear a computer's processor will only process as fast as its core speed. All Multi-Threading does is distribute the load across modern day PC hardware that have multiple CPUs. So NinjaTrader 8 will not technically be 'faster' due to this fact alone (Though there are other under the hood core reasons why we would be faster) and instead give us more processing bandwidth so if you have many charts open with many indicators for example it will have less chance of bogging down the PC as the load is distributed across the PC cores.
                    Why are you going into such niceties and arcana?

If the 'puter does not get bogged down, it is faster. All is perception.

Comment

Thanks, Brett, for the clarification.

Much obliged.

Comment

I like the new editor. I can scale the font up/down with my mouse wheel and control key.
                        And the coloring is a nice touch.

Comment

im loving the charts - so much better than NT7...
                          its faster to load data too... and of course it does it without the glitch in NT7

Look and feel is easier on the eye...

its extremely easy to jump from Winforms to WPF and the code breaking doc is very useful...

Above is a glimpes of things to come from MicroTrends for NT8 - the USAR Trader
                          you can get the old one from here still for free for sim... with more features:

i'm hooked... in fact its 3AM here almost :-)
                          MicroTrends

Comment

Hello NT8 designer

Is it possible to build the chart window so, that on the chart window,
                            you can see the name of the tamplate?
                            (for example if it loads a saved tamplate)

Joggle

Comment

Hi Joggle,

Yes, this feature has been requested previously. I have added your vote for this feature into our tracking system. This particular feature's ID is 'SFT-205', if you wish to check its progress in the future.
                              <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                              172 responses
                              0 likes