Strategy Analyzer - PLAYBACK OPTION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer - PLAYBACK OPTION

What would be very helpful and maybe not that far a stretch from where you are at with the Strategy Analyzer due to the "Tick Mode, etc", is the ability to setup "Playback" mode. I know there will be a massive performance hit on timing, but right now, most of my strategies with "OnMarketData/Depth" I have to open the Playback Connection. This means I need to close my current connection.

It would be incredibly great if I can simply use the flexibility of the Optimizer/analyzer as I can only test one at a time under Playback. Time is not a concern here. Seems like you have the structure close to be able to do this. Playback is still useful for live testing and training.

We did discuss this during development and we came to the conclusion to not do that for NinjaTrader 8. There were several reasons the primary ones being that Tick Replay will satisfy most users as its almost the same thing (Though there are some few minor differences) and secondly there is not a large availability of tick replay data like there is historical tick data. As such we drew a clear line and left Playback as a separate live time only mode.

Certainly I'll still add the request to the list if there is significant user demand we could revisit. # 337

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post WHICKED
    by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes