Cross hair cursor not working properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross hair cursor not working properly

I tried both the menu item on top of the chart and the CTR-Q short cut. Keeps showing me the regular cursor 95% of the time. Every once in a while I see the cross hairs appearing briefly for a second when I move my mouse. But then it disappears quickly again.

Please see the enclosed screen grab.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by molecool View Post
    I tried both the menu item on top of the chart and the CTR-Q short cut. Keeps showing me the regular cursor 95% of the time. Every once in a while I see the cross hairs appearing briefly for a second when I move my mouse. But then it disappears quickly again.
    Working here, and love the new global (no time scroll), great addition! Try changing your crosshair color to white..

-=Edge=-
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Originally posted by -=Edge=- View Post
      Working here, and love the new global (no time scroll), great addition! Try changing your crosshair color to white..

Nothing to do with the color as it's set to white and shows intermittently. This may be due to the fact I'm using RDP to connect to my system. So perhaps RDP is required to replicate the issue.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thank you for reporting this item.

We will investigate further on our end.

Comment

Hello molecool,

Are you perhaps seeing this briefly when you move your cursor to a location where your cursor would change to an arrow and then move it back onto the chart? Are seeing seeing this as a short delay for the cursor to update from the arrow to the crosshair? How long are you seeing it display the cursor before it updates?
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
            Hello molecool,

Are you perhaps seeing this briefly when you move your cursor to a location where your cursor would change to an arrow and then move it back onto the chart? Are seeing seeing this as a short delay for the cursor to update from the arrow to the crosshair? How long are you seeing it display the cursor before it updates?
            No, via RDP the cursor is always just a cursor unless I move it over the 'go to end' icon on the top right corner of the chart. That's the only time it shows the crosshair cursor when connected to my system via RDP. Hope that helps!

Comment

Hello molecool,

Thanks for your assistance.

Development has found some items related to this and are looking into resolutions.
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

We discovered the cross hair issue (along with a number of other reported items) to be related to the color depth settings on RDP.

In the current Beta 1 release, you will need at least 24-bit color depth from some features of the chart to work-> In the next beta build, we will support down to 16-bit color.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                  We discovered the cross hair issue (along with a number of other reported items) to be related to the color depth settings on RDP.

In the current Beta 1 release, you will need at least 24-bit color depth from some features of the chart to work-> In the next beta build, we will support down to 16-bit color.
                  Affirmative - after switching to 24bit I was able to pan the chart and see the cross hair cursor. On the downside - it really slows down RDP - obviously.

Glad you guys found the culprit though. Good work.

Comment

I think we have a duplicate thread, this very one or http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=73976 .
                    I was able to make it work in switching to 32-bit depth, on the client side and on the server side, but it's then hard to use because too slow.
                    If the next beta supports the 16-bit depth we'll be good .

Comment

Beta 2 will support 16 bit color depth. (But no lower)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Christopher Leggit, 02-15-2024, 09:00 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rdtdale
                      by rdtdale

Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes