Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import of Symbol List through Ninjascript

Hi,

I was wondering if it possible to import a symbol list dynamically through Ninjascript.

For example I have an external program running which filters securities on various criteria, if say it wrote this to a text file is it possible to then import the contents (symbols) from this text file every time it changes to a watchlist within Ninjatrader 8?

I understand the access to develop within Ninjatrader 8 has been expanded greatly so am hoping this is possible in NT8.

Thanks

Hi tdouglas,

From my understanding, you are likely able to do this as a ADD-ON. Seems like you can subscribe to different instrument and unsubscribe as desired. The Indicator/Strategy I think are locked into what charts they are attached to or included in the Startup section.

Comment

Hello tdouglas,

Thank you for your post.

You can read from an external file to add instrument in NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 as well.

Please take a look at our reference samples for reading from external files: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=30

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Import of Symbol List through Ninjascript

NJA_MC, Patrick, thanks for your speedy responses.

I've had a look through the sample. Just to clarify could you confirm if the following is possible? (the samples looks like they may be more applicable to data for a specific instrument and would need applying as an indicator to a chart although please correct me if I'm wrong).

At 09:30 I have a text file with 10 symbols in, I want to read this file and load all symbols from it into a market analyser window so I can monitor them through Ninjatrader.

At 09:45 (although this could be at any time) the text file is updated by my system outside of Ninjatrader which removes two existing symbols and adds three new symbols. I want this file to be read again and the market analyser window updated with the new set of symbols, result should be the market analyser window has the 11 symbols from the newest version of the text file.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tdouglas View Post
          NJA_MC, Patrick, thanks for your speedy responses.

I've had a look through the sample. Just to clarify could you confirm if the following is possible? (the samples looks like they may be more applicable to data for a specific instrument and would need applying as an indicator to a chart although please correct me if I'm wrong).

At 09:30 I have a text file with 10 symbols in, I want to read this file and load all symbols from it into a market analyser window so I can monitor them through Ninjatrader.

At 09:45 (although this could be at any time) the text file is updated by my system outside of Ninjatrader which removes two existing symbols and adds three new symbols. I want this file to be read again and the market analyser window updated with the new set of symbols, result should be the market analyser window has the 11 symbols from the newest version of the text file.

Thanks in advance.
          That sounds possible for NT8. You would have to monitor the text file for changes, the trigger the required action. Sounds like something that should be handled from an AddOn.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post cmtjoancolmenero