• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

FR: Chart tabs should be draggable between windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FR: Chart tabs should be draggable between windows

    I think that this is a pretty common feature these days - the best example I can offer is that of dragging tabs between Chrome (or other browser) windows.

    I know this is not trivial and may have to wait for a later release. But let's put it on the feature request list please.
    Attached Files

    #2
    Originally posted by molecool View Post
    I think that this is a pretty common feature these days - the best example I can offer is that of dragging tabs between Chrome (or other browser) windows.

    I know this is not trivial and may have to wait for a later release. But let's put it on the feature request list please.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We wanted that as well but there is an obstacle which is that you can't drag and drop across threads thus we passed over this at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. We wanted that as well but there is an obstacle which is that you can't drag and drop across threads thus we passed over this at this time.
      It's been a while since I did D&D stuff but perhaps there's a way to trick it. Meaning - when you drag and drop, is it possible to pass on the context/settings of the chart instead? This way you would copy and re-create it. Just an idea...

      Comment


        #4
        For what it is worth-> It IS possible to drag chart objects like a data series or indicator other tabs/windows. This creates a duplicate copy of the object to the target.

        Thanks again for your ideas.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by molecool View Post
          It's been a while since I did D&D stuff but perhaps there's a way to trick it. Meaning - when you drag and drop, is it possible to pass on the context/settings of the chart instead? This way you would copy and re-create it. Just an idea...
          Won't help. For threading reasons a new instance needed to be created (there are lots of internal tech details involved). Hence, we left it for now.
          DierkNinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
            Won't help. For threading reasons a new instance needed to be created (there are lots of internal tech details involved). Hence, we left it for now.
            Yeah, that sounds like a pain. Interesting problem but not worth wasting time on for the first release, agreed.

            Comment

            Latest Posts

            Collapse

            Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Dert66, Today, 12:11 PM
            0 responses
            5 views
            0 likes
            Last Post Dert66
            by Dert66
             
            Started by jjanguda, Today, 10:04 AM
            0 responses
            181 views
            0 likes
            Last Post jjanguda  
            Started by sambo81, Today, 09:20 AM
            1 response
            12 views
            0 likes
            Last Post sambo81
            by sambo81
             
            Started by TopGunNote, 05-14-2019, 01:12 PM
            3 responses
            78 views
            0 likes
            Last Post dpaulw
            by dpaulw
             
            Started by Grano, Today, 06:07 AM
            0 responses
            6 views
            0 likes
            Last Post Grano
            by Grano
             
            Working...
            X