FR: Chart tabs should be draggable between windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FR: Chart tabs should be draggable between windows

I think that this is a pretty common feature these days - the best example I can offer is that of dragging tabs between Chrome (or other browser) windows.

I know this is not trivial and may have to wait for a later release. But let's put it on the feature request list please.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by molecool View Post
    I think that this is a pretty common feature these days - the best example I can offer is that of dragging tabs between Chrome (or other browser) windows.

I know this is not trivial and may have to wait for a later release. But let's put it on the feature request list please.
    Thanks for the suggestion. We wanted that as well but there is an obstacle which is that you can't drag and drop across threads thus we passed over this at this time.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. We wanted that as well but there is an obstacle which is that you can't drag and drop across threads thus we passed over this at this time.
      It's been a while since I did D&D stuff but perhaps there's a way to trick it. Meaning - when you drag and drop, is it possible to pass on the context/settings of the chart instead? This way you would copy and re-create it. Just an idea...

Comment

For what it is worth-> It IS possible to drag chart objects like a data series or indicator other tabs/windows. This creates a duplicate copy of the object to the target.

Thanks again for your ideas.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
          It's been a while since I did D&D stuff but perhaps there's a way to trick it. Meaning - when you drag and drop, is it possible to pass on the context/settings of the chart instead? This way you would copy and re-create it. Just an idea...
          Won't help. For threading reasons a new instance needed to be created (there are lots of internal tech details involved). Hence, we left it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Dierk View Post
            Won't help. For threading reasons a new instance needed to be created (there are lots of internal tech details involved). Hence, we left it for now.
            Yeah, that sounds like a pain. Interesting problem but not worth wasting time on for the first release, agreed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred