Bar Types and Data Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cls71 View Post
    I could add a custom property to Data Series's dialog. But the custom property doesn't save the input from user.

I attach the code by if anyone can help with this issue.

Thanks very much.
    This just will not be possible to pass that input to a BarsType...The Value/Value2 properties are on the BarsPeriod, which gets passed from the Data Series property to the actual BarsType instance that's created later. There is no instance of a BarsType object connected to what's shown on the property grid. Meaning any custom BarsType properties will not be passed in the same manner the BarsPeriod Values are
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      This just will not be possible to pass that input to a BarsType...The Value/Value2 properties are on the BarsPeriod, which gets passed from the Data Series property to the actual BarsType instance that's created later.......
      Matt,

I see some of the issue with Bar Types and parameters with the Value/Value2, I am okay with being able to pass "additional" parameters and removing ones not needed, but certain variables need to remain and be the default for passing data such as "Period".

I am okay with this as I am more interested in passing more data during configuration to the Bar Type class. That way I can custom what the bar type does rather than how it works with the core of NT8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post sarafuenonly123  
      Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Brevo