Bar Types and Data Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bar Types and Data Input

Bar Types don't seem to use the Data Input's added when creating a new type.

I added a few parameters to a new Bar Type and I can see they got added to the NinjaScript, but these parameters do not show when I try to select the bar type.

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
    Bar Types don't seem to use the Data Input's added when creating a new type.

I added a few parameters to a new Bar Type and I can see they got added to the NinjaScript, but these parameters do not show when I try to select the bar type.
    I confirm the same behaviour, custom parameters are not included.
    While we are at it - with these custom parameters AddDataSeries() will not be sufficient - it would be good to provide a way of creating equivalent of AddRenko() with these custom parameters.

Comment

Maybe if something like this would work?:
      Code:
      NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.BarsTypes.MyFirstCustomBarsType myBars = new MyFirstCustomBarsType();
      myBars.TestNewParameter = 3;
      AddDataSeries(myBars);
      It won't work at the moment, just an idea.

Comment

I am checking with development on expected behavior here.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          I am checking with development on expected behavior here.
          Any thoughts on this issue?

Comment

This is a concept hole with barstypes which work a bit differently from the other types... we're reviewing and will get back to you once we've finalized. NTEIGHT-8289
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 05-20-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

This is a concept hole with barstypes which work a bit differently from the other types... we're reviewing and will get back to you once we've finalized. NTEIGHT-8289
              Matt,

Just a tickler, any update on this?

Comment

Thanks for checking in - there are some deep core limitations in this area which would prevent us from suppling any user defined properties from a custom bars type to the data series menu. There is nothing we can do at this time without significant effort. At this time, we'll plan on keeping an eye on the user demand for these types of properties for bar types and we may revisit at another time. I've created a feature request which can be tracked under SFT-462 and counted your vote.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Matthew; 07-08-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks for checking in - there are some deep core limitations in this area which would prevent us from suppling any user defined properties from a custom bars type to the data series menu. There is nothing we can do at this time without significant effort. At this time, we'll plan on keeping an eye on the user demand for these types of properties for bar types and we may revisit at another time. I've created a feature request which can be tracked under SFT-387 and counted your vote.
                  Thanks,

Hopefully we get some of the other Bar Type developers to chime in as this flexibility would be great overall. We try to force configuration into the Bar Types by remapping some of the unused fields. A string value would have been helpful in this approach but we only have INTs really to work with.

Comment

I'd like to add my vote. Custom bar types are very important, and some additional flexibility would be super. Hope you can plug that hole.

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
                      Thanks,

Hopefully we get some of the other Bar Type developers to chime in as this flexibility would be great overall. We try to force configuration into the Bar Types by remapping some of the unused fields. A string value would have been helpful in this approach but we only have INTs really to work with.
                      I agree, it would be nice if we are not going to be able to add out own variables that NinjaTrader add say one bool, one double and one Integer as spares to the bars type program. Two of each would be even better. Programmer could then turn them on if needed.

Just add them to the existing properties listing.

properties.Remove(properties.Find("BasePeriodType" , true));
                      properties.Remove(properties.Find("BasePeriodValue ", true));
                      properties.Remove(properties.Find("PointAndFigureP riceType", true));
                      properties.Remove(properties.Find("ReversalType", true));
                      properties.Remove(properties.Find("Value2", true));
                      RJay
                      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Thanks for checking in - there are some deep core limitations in this area which would prevent us from suppling any user defined properties from a custom bars type to the data series menu. There is nothing we can do at this time without significant effort. At this time, we'll plan on keeping an eye on the user demand for these types of properties for bar types and we may revisit at another time. I've created a feature request which can be tracked under SFT-387 and counted your vote.
                        +1 .. After public beta of course...

-=Edge=-
                        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

The updated tracking ID is SFT-462. Please update your records if you were tracking on your end.

Comment

One issue I had repeatedly with reusing existing properties is that they are set up to be eg: >0 which make it impossible to use 0 or negative values. Please take this into consideration while devising a solution.

Comment

I could add a custom property to Data Series's dialog. But the custom property doesn't save the input from user.

I attach the code by if anyone can help with this issue.

Thanks very much.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
                              Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                              5 responses