Custom Bar Type - Added to Period Selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Bar Type - Added to Period Selector

Adding a Custom Bar Type to the quick selector through the configure option works.

But upon opening the quick selection box again, the name disappears and is replaced with the custom bar type number (60,001 in my case).
    Attached Files

I can confirm this behavior and reported to development - NTEIGHT-8200
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi,

I have two issues concerning the selected chart type being displayed in the period selector at the top of the chart.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Long chart names are being truncated to a maximum length.

Ex. Point and Figure should read "1 Min PointAndFigure"

It is displayed as "1 Min Poin..."

Can This display box be adjusted larger to properly display chart labels?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Also I have created a custom test chart based on the Range chart.

The selected custom chart type being displayed at the top of the chart does not display the BarsPeriod.Value.

This is the string used.

Name = string.Format(Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentC ulture, "RNG", BarsPeriod.Value, (BarsPeriod.MarketDataType != MarketDataType.Last ? string.Format(" - {0}", Core.Globals.ToLocalizedObject(BarsPeriod.MarketDa taType,
      Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentUICulture)) : string.Empty));

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone confirm these?

RJay
      RJay
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by RJay View Post
        The selected custom chart type being displayed at the top of the chart does not display the BarsPeriod.Value.

This is the string used.

Name = string.Format(Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentC ulture, "RNG", BarsPeriod.Value, (BarsPeriod.MarketDataType != MarketDataType.Last ? string.Format(" - {0}", Core.Globals.ToLocalizedObject(BarsPeriod.MarketDa taType,
        Core.Globals.GeneralOptions.CurrentUICulture)) : string.Empty));

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone confirm these?

RJay
        In the State.Config this worked for me..

Code:
        [FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008000][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2]Name = ([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][COLOR=#a31515]"HTRenko "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2][FONT=Consolas][SIZE=2] + BarsPeriod.Value);[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
        But in my case, don't need any special formatting or care of cultural specifics..

-=Edge=-
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

Thanks Edge. Takes care of that issue but the field is still way to small to handle the names of my custom bars.
          RJay

Comment

Thanks Edge. Takes care of that issue but the field is still way to small to handle the names of my custom bars.
            No worries, my pleasure.. I think your other issue Is just something we are going to have to live with.. Although I am Interested in hearing if we can get our custom bar names in the dropdown vs the number issue that NJA_MC brought up..

-=Edge=-
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - High Tech Trading Analysis

Comment

The custom names will be in the dropdown in the next beta release.

As far as the size of the interval selector... we don't see an easy way out, but I see the concern added on our list to review again when that time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                The custom names will be in the dropdown in the next beta release.

As far as the size of the interval selector... we don't see an easy way out, but I see the concern added on our list to review again when that time comes.

NinjaTrader, I this still being looked at? The chart type names and bar settings not being displayed.
                RJay

Comment

NinjaTrader, I this still being looked at?
                  Which part? The custom names should be working, let me know if not. The name display is low priority and not something we'll adjust during beta, but is on our list to review when that time comes where we can accommodate such UI changes.

Comment

Which part? The custom names should be working, let me know if not. The name display is low priority and not something we'll adjust during beta, but is on our list to review when that time comes where we can accommodate such UI changes.
                    Hi Matthew,

Ok, Here is my suggestion for a possible quick fix for this chart display name and bar settings not visible issue. The icons at the top of the bar chart all have hover displays telling you what the icon is for. Can you add a hover display for your chart selector and make it display the chart "Name" . I could then setup the chart "Name" to make the hover display show the information my clients need. Full Chart Name and Bar Value settings.

Thanks,

RJay
                    RJay

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Ok, Here is my suggestion for a possible quick fix for this chart display name and bar settings not visible issue. The icons at the top of the bar chart all have hover displays telling you what the icon is for. Can you add a hover display for your chart selector and make it display the chart "Name" . I could then setup the chart "Name" to make the hover display show the information my clients need. Full Chart Name and Bar Value settings.

Thanks,

RJay
                      That is reasonable, thanks for the suggestion - we'll have that added in the next beta release.

Currently, you can also set your chart properties "Tab Name" to the "@PERIOD" symbol which would display this information as well, which may be handy for your clients.

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for adding the "ToolTip" hover display showing the Chart Display information.

Here is the code I am using to put the chart information in that "ToolTip"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if (State == State.Configure)
                        {
                        Name = "Chart Name Description " + BarsPeriod.Value + " Tick";
                        }

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A problem has showed up. The "ToolTip" will only display the default BarsPeriod.Value.

If I change "Value" to another setting in the chart DataSeries, the new value does not display in the "ToolTip".

Can you offer a solution?

RJay
                        RJay

Comment

Hmm, works here. I recorded a video and attached the script I used to test. Please let me know if there is something I missed http://screencast.com/t/r42rEYiAb9BI
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, works here. I recorded a video and attached the script I used to test. Please let me know if there is something I missed http://screencast.com/t/r42rEYiAb9BI

OK, got it working. Thanks for the help.
                            RJay

Comment

OK, got it working. Thanks for the help.
                              Glad to hear it. Curious what you had to change? Just so we can document anything if needed here...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                              16 responses
                              0 likes