SUCCESS ... with only minor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUCCESS ... with only minor issues

Congratulations to the entire NT8 team! Truly a great job.

I have successfully converted some thousands lines of NinjaScript, without major issue. Brilliant work, team!

I'm still testing and converting more code, but so far the biggest challenges I face are:
    • Discovering, understanding and taking advantage of all the new features
    • Adopting a new design and implementation paradigm
    • Moving my own approach from WinForms to WPF!

As for the opportunities NT8 offers ... same as the challenges.

So, to the minor issues:
    1. Documentation: <TradeCollection>.TradesPerformance.<TradesPerform anceValues>.Ulcer documentation still refers to "turnaround". Copy/paste error.
    2. Documentation: <TradeCollection>.TradesPerformance.<TradesPerform anceValues>.DrawDown documentation code example is not colour-coded.
    3. NinjaScript Editor: Find and Replace window is Always On Top by default. This should be settable.
    4. NinjaScript Editor: When adding Properties in the New Strategy wizard, the alignment to the equals sign in OnStateChange, based on the length of the variable name, is not calculated correctly.
    5. NinjaScript Editor: When creating a new object (strategy, etc), in the General section, after entering Name, tabbing to Description should select the default wording there so that it is immediately replaceable.
    6. NinjaScript Editor: When creating a new AddOn, a popup asks if the AddOn is from a trusted source and can be authorized. This seems irrelevant when creating a new AddOn.
    7. NinjaScript Editor: When creating a new AddOn, when the popup asks if the AddOn is from a trusted source and can be authorized, if one answers No, the newly created AddOn tab is closed, but the AddOn remains in the Explorer. Opening the AddOn generates a popup saying the AddOn was deleted or renamed externally and asks if the AddOn should be kept open. This behaviour, in combination with the previous popup, seems anomalous.

That's all for now. More to come as testing progresses.

One last comment. In the recent webinar, Ray essentially said that NT8 will be released to production "when it is ready; quality is paramount" (my paraphrase). I fully endorse this, and the time it has taken to reach this closed beta testing phase is reflected in the already apparent quality and scope of the release!

Thanks again!
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Thanks pointing out 1 & 2,
    1. I have corrected this internally and will be fixed the next time we push the help guide.
    2. I have corrected this internally and will be fixed the next time we push the help guide.
    3. I have logged your feedback #SFT-342
    4. Reported # NTEIGHT-8206
    5. Reported #NTEIGHT-8207
    6. I see your point, however this was intentional to get developers used to this new process of authorizing addons. We've reviewed your report and ultimately decided that any new add-on needs to make it into the authorization pool. Any loopholes we introduce which prevent an add-on from being checked could potentially introduce an unknown loophole that an end user could get around.
    7. This is a subset of the authorization process-> if you select no, the file is renamed. The NinjaScript editor detects this change, and since your newly created add-on is open, it will prompt you to either keep open or reload. I would not want to introduce code to make an exception for add-ons as this could have potential effects where changes are not detected when they should be.

Thanks for all of your comments, we're glad to see you are finding the transition successful!
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Skifree
    by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
    5 responses