Multiple monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple monitors

When using a system with multiple monitors, starting NT8 sometimes causes a popup saying:
    Warning. NinjaTrader has detected there are windows outside the viewable range, reposition these to the primary monitor?
    Some comments:
    • What does NT8 define as "outside the viewable range"?
    • This seems to happen whether one is actually utilizing more than one of the available monitors for NT8 windows or not. I discovered this when I did not, to my knowledge, have any windows outside the viewable range, not even any windows on another monitor. I said No to the prompt ... and the prompt reappeared on next startup. I said Yes ... but no "unseen" windows appeared. Seemed a bit buggy ... but maybe I've missed something?
    • It seems that a "multi-headed" system may need a bit more consideration. I use four monitors, and I'm sure others may use even more.
    • Any windows genuinely outside the viewable range should be able to be repositioned to any available monitor, including but not limited to the primary monitor.
    • The message probably requires a little grammatical improvement: perhaps "... windows outside the viewable range. Reposition these to monitor <select monitor here>"?

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Multiple monitors

Further investigation has revealed that the popup prompt to reposition windows to the primary monitor can be generated when a window is already on the primary monitor.

I had several windows already open. I subsequently opened a chart, saved the workspace, and exited. When I restarted, I was prompted by the popup -- I said No, and the chart was nowhere to be found. I could see the chart as a window when hovering on the NT8 icon in the taskbar, but it did not show on any screens when hovering on it. I exited, restarted and said Yes ... and the chart window was made visible on the primary monitor ... where it had been all the time!
    jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately when testing on my end I was unable to reproduce what you described. So I may attempt to test your Workspace on my end please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris Jameson" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
      1.) A link to this forum thread.
      2.) Your workspace which can be found in Documents-->NinjaTrader 8-->workspaces folder.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ; 05-11-2015, 04:03 PM.
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Multiple monitors

Thanks, Chris. Sent.

I look forward to hearing how the testing goes.
        jeronymite

Comment

Outside the viewable range is when all four corners of a window are outside the viewable range of the monitor.

I have tested your Workspace as well as mine and was unable to reproduce this behavior.

Thank you for reporting and I will continue to look into a reproducible scenario as we move forward with Beta.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
          24 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post spwizard  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes