Performance issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance issues

After running NT8 for a few hours I'm seeing CPU spikes with only one chart and the script editor open. FYI - there was no live data feed either, just historical data. No indicators, nothing. Very strange... please see the enclosed screen shot.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by molecool View Post
    After running NT8 for a few hours I'm seeing CPU spikes with only one chart and the script editor open. FYI - there was no live data feed either, just historical data. No indicators, nothing. Very strange... please see the enclosed screen shot.
    Can you elaborate on what you may have been doing around that time? Any other windows that were open and you closed?
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      Can you elaborate on what you may have been doing around that time? Any other windows that were open and you closed?
      I know - not much to work with, right? I had only NT8 and Chrome open and if you look at the attachment it's NT8 that's sucking CPU cycles. FYI - this is on Parallels running on a MacBook Pro. I had put it to sleep and then launched it. First thought it would just cycle high for a few minutes and then go back to normal but it kept spiking into the 90 percentile. Sorry if I can't offer more.

Comment

Originally posted by molecool View Post
        I know - not much to work with, right? I had only NT8 and Chrome open and if you look at the attachment it's NT8 that's sucking CPU cycles. FYI - this is on Parallels running on a MacBook Pro. I had put it to sleep and then launched it. First thought it would just cycle high for a few minutes and then go back to normal but it kept spiking into the 90 percentile. Sorry if I can't offer more.
        Thanks for what you can offer. If you can put it to sleep and see that same behavior again, we can look into that for you.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Thanks for what you can offer. If you can put it to sleep and see that same behavior again, we can look into that for you.
          Fair enough - I'll keep my eye on it. BTW, 'put it to sleep' what I meant was that I suspended Parallels and relaunched it. NT8 was running before and after relaunching Parallels from suspension. Perhaps something's happening there recapturing that memory space - not something I'm very familiar with unfortunately.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexAuCost