sub-panel y axis labels number of decimals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sub-panel y axis labels number of decimals

I have indicators that are based on price which I plot in sub panels.

I typically trade the 6E (4 decimals)

The price values in the sub panels display with 4 decimals, but the y axis labels do not and I an unaware of any way to control the format of the y axis values on sub panels.

This is really noticeable using a cross hair cursor. In the main chart panel, the y axis value get 4 decimals but in the sub panels it gets only 2

It seems to always be 2 decimals

Perhaps this could be some chart property setting

Sub panels do not have a concept of the "bars" to grab the tick size from. While the indicator that is being added has an underlying price series, that input could either be a price series, or it could be another indicator. As a result, the y-axis for the sub-panel will use a default decimal size. This is the same as NinjaTrader 7.

However with NinjaTrader 8, what you can do to work around this is add a second data series to the indicator panel, and then set that data series to be "Visible" = false.

I made a short video which shows how you can set this up - http://screencast.com/t/CBLQd9RhIqwQ
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      Sub panels do not have a concept of the "bars" to grab the tick size from. While the indicator that is being added has an underlying price series, that input could either be a price series, or it could be another indicator. As a result, the y-axis for the sub-panel will use a default decimal size. This is the same as NinjaTrader 7.

However with NinjaTrader 8, what you can do to work around this is add a second data series to the indicator panel, and then set that data series to be "Visible" = false.

I made a short video which shows how you can set this up - http://screencast.com/t/CBLQd9RhIqwQ
      What happened to:
      Code:
      [COLOR=#0000ff]public [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]override[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff] string[/COLOR] FormatPriceMarker([COLOR=#0000ff]double [/COLOR]price)
      {
      [COLOR=#008000]// Formats price marker values to 4 decimal places[/COLOR]
      [COLOR=#0000ff]return[/COLOR] price.ToString([COLOR=#800000]"N4"[/COLOR]);
      }
      Did I misread the question?

Comment

That virtual is still there, however it ONLY changes the Price Markers price format-> it does not change the actual price scale or the cross hair values that are rendered on that scale.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
        Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
        1 response
        0 likes