• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 - Tabs do not show chart on selected Tab

When loading charts - tabbing changes
    no hour glass or sign it's busy
    charts do not follow the selected tab - lagging behind etc
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

This is tested on a server in Australia connected to Kinetick
    The ES is still Loading after 15minutes on one of the tabs... is that preventing the viewing of the other charts???
    Last edited by MicroTrends; 05-14-2015, 02:41 AM.
    MicroTrends
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for reporting and providing a video.

Yes, it does not show an hourglass, but it does show the text "Loading.." in the chart which indicates it is busy.

I notice the lagging does not occur in the chart on the left. Only after you switch to the right on the chart, it does not show data for the first 4 changes. However after the 5th change, data is shown again and continues to show when switching tabs.

Yes, it seems when a chart tab shows "Loading data..", it does not show data for about the first 5 seconds when changing to other chart tabs.

I am not sure why the ES chart tab took 15 minutes to load. How much days does this chart tab request?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for reporting and providing a video.

Yes, it does not show an hourglass, but it does show the text "Loading.." in the chart which indicates it is busy.

I notice the lagging does not occur in the chart on the left. Only after you switch to the right on the chart, it does not show data for the first 4 changes. However after the 5th change, data is shown again and continues to show when switching tabs.

Yes, it seems when a chart tab shows "Loading data..", it does not show data for about the first 5 seconds when changing to other chart tabs.

I am not sure why the ES chart tab took 15 minutes to load. How much days does this chart tab request?
      Even after the ES finally loaded - the charts were the same...
      When you clicked a Tab - it change tab but the chart did not show... it lagged behind....
      No exceptions thrown in log...

I had installed the .net 4.5 framework for this... so i restarted the server will see what happens when it starts...

here is a clone of a server with win 2012 running - tabs complete change context after the tab page has loaded... http://screencast.com/t/EeDDgRs1R expected behaviour...
      same workspace + robots auto loading too... high end machine versus an old one
      perhaps that is the issue...

i will dig into this and give you the server access details if you want to see it first hand etc
      MicroTrends

Comment

Sounds good, I will await the outcome.

I will test it on my end as well. So far I did not have time to do so. I will let you know my results once finished. Can you please tell me how much data is requested in the chart tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Sounds good, I will await the outcome.

I will test it on my end as well. So far I did not have time to do so. I will let you know my results once finished. Can you please tell me how much data is requested in the chart tabs.

Ok the server is not coming back up maybe it was sick
          And the support guy not back till the morning... as its upside down time here...
          so will do that tomorrow...

90 days look back 1000 volume and 90days 10,000

Before restart server was clicked > I noticed also i was not able to get a response from the chart for mouse right click,
          CTrl + I
          or CTRL + S
          or CTRL + F
          MicroTrends

Comment

I created the charts with the exact same tabs and saved it in a new workspace. I restarted NinjaTrader and connected to Kinetick. Initially all tabs show "Loading..". After a while, I see data loaded in some tabs. When I now switch to other tabs, some show data and other still show "Loading..". Switching tabs is not delayed - it updates right away. Once all tabs finish loading data, switching tabs are still not delayed.

I restarted NinjaTrader once more. It now showed the data right away since it has been loaded in NinjaTrader. Switching tabs still do not have a delay. Whenever I select a different tab, the chart is updated immediately.

The right click function and the hot keys combinations work as well. It does take a few seconds for the menus (as per the hot keys) to come up.

Please let me know if you can reproduce this issue consistently.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes