Unhandled exception: Input string was not in correct format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In playing around with bar custom bar type I got this error (which is not a problem). However the error is a popup that gets barraged so fast and constant I'm forced to kill the NT process

The error gets caused when I feed minute data instead of tick data into a bar type i programmed first to be used with tick data. I'm certain the error is with my script but debugging it is troublesome due to this obtrusive messaging.

To simplify my request, "I would like error message that quickly repeat to not each generate repeat popup windows. The popup window currently can make it impossible to close the NT without killing it"

Emergency Exit!

This is an example of a more generic issue that has caused concern for me in NT7 for a long time. As developers, it is not uncommon to find one has done something "completely stupid" (well, for this developer anyway -- I know the rest of you will not suffer from this failing ).

It may be a situation similar to the one that HandsFreeTrader describes where NT reacts with an avalanche of popups; but perhaps more likely is where one has "inadvertently" created an infinite loop (Sigh! ).

Please please please consider a way in which strategies can be forcibly stopped from within NT through some form of "emergency interrupt". It may be through a keystroke (Escape, or a function key, e.g. F9) or key combination (Control Escape) or somesuch. This could be a globally-defined mechanism or a strategy-defined mechanism or both.

The main point is simple: please give us a way to escape a runaway strategy (or other entity) without reverting to killing NT.

Thanks!!!
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. We're reviewing this general concept and can be tracked using PM-392
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post elirion
      by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
      0 responses