Instrument Master Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Master Data

With NinjaTrader 7 once the configuration file is corrupted a lot of data is lost and cannot be retrieved as the data does not come in separate files. This includes

- session templates
    - instrument settings (ticksize, rollover date, rollover offset)

I had to enter this manually several times, when changing the configuration of my PC (when the backup file could not be reinstalled).

With NinjaTrader 8 there is an improvement, as the session templates are now stored under templates -> TradingHours. I am glad to see this.

However, what happens to the instrument master data, when the configuration file is corrupted? Let us assume that I wish to trade Japanese stocks and that I have imported all 225 Nikkei stocks from a list. In a second step I would need to enter the tick size for each of the 225 stocks manually.

Now what happens when the configuration file is no longer working as expected? How can I save the instrument settings (ticksize for stocks, rollover dates and offsets) such that I can reuse them with a new installation or on a second machine?

Is there a separate file for the instrument settings?

Or will NinjaTrader 8 ship with the Nikkei 225 stocks preset, taking into account that Japan has the second largest stock market in the world? That would also fix the isue.

Hello Harry,

Thank you for your post.

The instruments settings would be stored in the Database file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db.

You can also open NinjaTrader backups for NinjaTrader 7 by changing them from a .ntbk to .zip file and retrieving the needed data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello Harry,

Thank you for your post.

The instruments settings would be stored in the Database file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db.

You can also open NinjaTrader backups for NinjaTrader 7 by changing them from a .ntbk to .zip file and retrieving the needed data.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
      How would I retrieve the needed data (instrument settings for Japanese stocks) from the database and copy them into the file for the installation?

Comment

Hello Harry,

It is not currently possible to extract certain information from the database file.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherS View Post
          Hello Harry,

It is not currently possible to extract certain information from the database file.
          That is exactly the problem.

This means if for some reason I need to rebuild that file, I am left with my 225 Japanese stocks and have to reenter all ticksizes one by one.

It would be a great help if NinjaTrader had the 225 Nikkei stocks preset for trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post elirion
          by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes