Graphics driver update causes unhandled exception on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphics driver update causes unhandled exception on the chart

I had NT7 and NT8 charts opened while updating NVIDIA drivers with NVIDIA GeForce Experience. NT7 charts behaved as from before while NT8 had unhandled exception as in the screenshot
    Attached Files

This is the error from the Output window:
    Failed to call method 'OnCalculateMinMax' on chart object 'ChartBars': HRESULT: [0x80070057], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments], Message: The parameter is incorrect.

And this from Log:
    Time Category Message
    18/05/2015 16:33:34 NinjaScript Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x80070057] Module: [General] ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments] Message: The parameter is incorrect. '
    18/05/2015 16:33:34 Default Failed to call method 'OnCalculateMinMax' on chart object 'ChartBars': HRESULT: [0x80070057] Module: [General] ApiCode: [E_INVALIDARG/Invalid Arguments] Message: The parameter is incorrect.

Comment

Greg,

I got that error for a while as well, but it was due to my indicator trying to pass "double.Max and double.Min" as points. I think NT8 doesn't handle these very large ranges well and reports that error.

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
        Greg,

I got that error for a while as well, but it was due to my indicator trying to pass "double.Max and double.Min" as points. I think NT8 doesn't handle these very large ranges well and reports that error.
        Thanks for chiming in - in my case I had naked chart with nothing on it except for bars

Comment

To be clear, you had NinjaTrader 8 open with those basic charts while updating your graphics drivers, and results in that exception?
          MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
            To be clear, you had NinjaTrader 8 open with those basic charts while updating your graphics drivers, and results in that exception?
            That's correct - as in the screenshot the "inside" of the chart didn't load after the update (you could see the application behind) with the unhandled exception raised.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by KennyK, 05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post marcus2300