unhandled exception: {desktop composition is disabled}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unhandled exception: {desktop composition is disabled}

Unhandled exception: {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001).

No active connections.
    Hibernated laptop without shutting down NT8 last night.
    Booted laptop tonight and was greeted with this message.

Now that I think about it - I did hear a strange beep for some reason when hibernating last night and thought that was odd. I was wondering what application was having an issue with hibernating.

Charts and stuff appear fine, nothing crashed and burned, was able to add days from 5 to 100 on a chart. Have hibernated with NT7 always without issue.

Hopefully you know what this message means and where it was thrown from. Will hibernate some more in the future and see if it shows up again.
    Attached Files

Steps to reproduce.

Start in 2880x1620 resolution.

Start NT8 64 bit.

Switch screen resolution (1920x1080).

Issue windows hibernate command.

Should hear 1 windows error message ding.

Restart laptop. Might hear 1 more before user login/after.

I have seen 1 message, 3 messages, and 2 messages (all of the same 0x80263001). (Maybe something to do with # of charts open??)

Switching from 1920x1080 to 2880x1620 doesn't appear to cause issue.

Kind of an obscure error..but maybe you can find the unhandled exception and fix her up.

Btw, so I'm pretty sure I've heard in NT8 videos about using graphics for the charts... How do I know if we are using the HD4600 in my laptop or the nvidia quadro 3100km add on? Does windows 7 decide? Is there a way to force one or the other for comparison?

Comment

Also losing MyDrawRegionTest indicator on my chart while all this is happening.

Time Category Message
      5/18/2015 7:22 PM Default Unhandled exception: {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
      Time Category Message
      5/18/2015 7:22 PM Default Unhandled exception: {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
      Time Category Message
      Time Category Message

5/18/2015 7:22 PM NinjaScript Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
      Time Category Message
      5/18/2015 7:22 PM NinjaScript Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.

Comment

trace file:

2015-05-18 19:22:12:518 Auto closed enabled = False
        2015-05-18 19:22:13:655 Starting server message polling timer with interval 300 seconds...
        2015-05-18 19:22:19:232 ERROR: Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
        2015-05-18 19:22:21:037 ERROR: Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there.
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:647 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:648 {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:649 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:649 {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:649 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:649 {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:657 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80263001): {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
        at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Chart.WindowProc(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilte rMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
        at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
        2015-05-18 19:22:49:657 System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80263001): {Desktop composition is disabled} The operation could not be completed because desktop composition is disabled. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80263001)
        at NinjaTrader.Gui.Chart.Chart.WindowProc(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilte rMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
        at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
        at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCat chWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Comment

Hello Sledge,
          We are currently looking into this but we have not been able to reproduce this.
          Do you continue to see this after updating your Graphics Drivers?
          Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll double check for updates, but I'm on nvidua quadro 3100km graphics or Intel hd4600.

Is it possible to tell which video adapter is being used?

The laptop is 2 month olds with all ms updates.

Comment

Hello sledge,
              The easiest way to look it up is to use System Info.
              Start > Run (or Win+R) > MSINFO32
              Then select Components> Display. The Graphics Adapter that is being used will be displayed under "Name"

Typically driver updates will not be sent by Microsoft but instead are send from the manufacturer of the part. For example if you are using an Nvidia graphics driver you would check for updates to the driver by going to Nvidia's website or contacting Nvidia.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                I'll double check for updates, but I'm on nvidua quadro 3100km graphics or Intel hd4600.

Is it possible to tell which video adapter is being used?

The laptop is 2 month olds with all ms updates.
                I found in Win7 that right clicking on the NT8 icon allows me to select which video adapter to use.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                  Are you seeing this occurring when running with both adapters or does this only occur with one of the adapters?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post jculp
                  by jculp

Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                  0 responses