Order submission oddities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Sim101, using either Basic Entry or FX Pro, submitting a Buy or Sell for a given number of units results in two orders being placed: one order of one unit in the opposite direction to that requested, and one order of total units requested minus 1 in the correct direction.

For example:
    • BUY 1,500 units of EURUSD
    • TWO orders created:
      • SHORT 1 unit
      • LONG 1,499 units

Questions:
    1. Why two orders?
    2. Why one unit in the wrong direction?

Thanks!
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

I am not able to reproduce this issue on my end so far. I tried both order entry windows. Each time 1 order is submitted for the quantity that is defined. I used various order buttons such as Buy, Sell, Buy Bid, Sell Ask, etc. I tried with and without ATM strategies attached.

Are you able to reproduce the issue consistently? Does it make a difference if you close the current FX Pro or Basic Entry windows and you open new ones?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK. I've noticed the odd behaviour is actually only visible in the Trade Performance window -- the Orders tab in the Control Center looks normal. So, place the order and close it, then generate the Trade Performance and look in the Trades ($) display -- there are two "Market pos." entries for the trade. I assumed SELL behaviour was the reverse of BUY behaviour. Interestingly, it turns out that it's a little different:
      • Two entries each time, whether BUYing or SELLing, one being for 1 unit and the other being for the remainder of the units
      • In both cases, the 1 unit entry is ALWAYS SHORT
      • The remainder units entry always is in the correct direction

Hopefully, that is reproducible, and perhaps even explainable or identifiable as a bug.

Thanks.
      jeronymite

Comment

I do not see this in the Trade Performance-->Trades-tab for the orders I submitted earlier today. They show 1 entry per trade. Newly submitted orders do not show the issue either. I tried different order quantities such as 1,500, 1,200, 800 and 6.

When I check the Control Center-->Executions, I see executions for the entire order quantity only. There are no partial executions listed. Do you see partial executions in the Control Center-->Executions-tab?

Are you able to reproduce it if you submit new orders?

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Trading. Do you perhaps have 'Enforce partial fills' enabled?
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Jason.

It certainly was reproducible. And Enforce Partial Fills was not set. However, I decided to reset the Sim101 account ... and, of course, it now does not happen; and, of course, I did not save a copy of the Trade Performance window with the entries.

So, for now, I'll see if it happens again, but I really don't have any additional information, in the circumstances, I'm sorry.

Thanks anyway.
          jeronymite

Comment

No worries. Thank you for reporting.

If the issue recurs in the future, please let me know and check for any consistency with today's occurrence.

I will keep an eye out. If I find a reproducible scenario, I will report to development.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            171 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
            Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes