Trade Performance Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance Report

Trading Forex. Generating Trade Performance reports. Summary ($) works fine. Trades ($) works fine. Analysis ($) is totally blank. That's not right, is it?

The relevant help entry has images with windows titled "Account Performance", which I suspect should be "Trade Performance"?

Thanks.
    Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
    jeronymite
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for your post.

When testing here, I am seeing currency based results for my forex trades in the Analysis portion of the Trade Performance window. Are your Long/Short and W/L set to 'All' or set to filter results in the window?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Trade Performance Report

Here is what I see for Summary, Trades and Analysis.
      Attached Files
      jeronymite

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me with these images. I see what you mean however I have not yet been able to recreate the issue here.

Do you encounter the same issue in a new workspace? (Workspaces > New)

If you see the same issue in another workspace I would ask that you contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include a link to this forum thread and attach a copy of your workspace and today's trace file.

Workspaces are kept in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder.

The trace file will be found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I would need a copy of the file which is named 'trace.20150521.txt'.

Comment

Trade Performance Report

Thanks for looking into this, Kyle.

So, who can explain the mysteries of the universe? Because today, I started NT8 and the Analysis shows as one would hope!

So, what has changed? Well, from an NT8 perspective, nothing that I know of. When I closed it yesterday, the aberrant behaviour was definitely there. When I start it today, it is not.

From an NT7 perspective, however, I made one trade on a live account, and that account is also connected when I start NT8. That is the only thing that I can think of that is different for (not in) NT8. (I also tried a new workspace, as you suggest, and it works as expected.)

Any further advice on how I can help to investigate this further in the circumstances would be welcome. Obviously, the issue exists, as the images document, but it appears now to be not repeatable for me either.

Thanks.
          jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Thank you for your patience.

I have not yet been able to recreate the issue in my tests. In speaking with our development staff I have learned that a similar bug was recently resolved for the second beta release. While I understand that the issue is no longer taking place on your PC, please let me know if you encounter similar behavior after the second beta is released later this week and we can pick things back up from there if needed.

Comment

Hello Kyle & jeronymite,

Just to let you know that we observed the same thing; Analysis window is totally blank.
              After closing and re-opening NT8, the Analysis window was populated as normal.

Not sure what's causing this; will give a more detailed report if observed again.

We're using the latest version: Beta 8.0.0.2. Occurred with our custom strategy and with the sample MA crossover strategy. EURUSD 15minute chart.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I will work to recreate the issue here however if you encounter this issue again and notice any special steps which are required to cause the issue to occur please let me know.

Comment

Trade Performance Report

The blank is back!

What I did:
                  • Started NT8
                  • The previously saved Workspace, which includes a Trade Performance window, loaded
                  • Looked at some Forex charts
                  • Went to the Trade Performance window and selected Analysis ... which was blank
                  Possibly relevant things:
                  • There were no trades in the period selected in the Trade Performance window (the default of Today only)
                  • I noticed that one of my charts, a 15 minute Forex chart linked by Instrument to charts of different timeframes, also was blank on a couple of occasions as I moved between instruments -- Reloading All Historical Data fixed it on each occasion
                  To see if the blank Analysis view could be repeated, I simply exited NT8 and restarted it, going immediately to the Analysis view ... which was populated with appropriate structures as one would expect to see.

I have no idea how to consistently recreate the situation, unfortunately.

Thanks.
                  jeronymite

Comment

Hello jeronymite,

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT[ com. In the message please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) A copy of your log and trace files for 6/10/2015:
                    You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.
                    • The log file will be named "log.20150610.0000.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.
                    • The trace file will be named "trace.20150610.0000.txt"

3.) A copy of the workspace where you have encountered this issue:
                    Workspaces are found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder.

Comment

Trade Performance Report

It's in the mail. Many thanks!
                      jeronymite

Comment

Kyle,

Having the same issue with the blank NT8 Performance (Analysis($)) even after restarting. As far as I know this means I can't graph any performance results. Let me know if you need any logs.

Best regards.

Comment

Hello fxgroundworks,

Thank you for posting to report the issue.

Please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In the message please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
                          2.) A copy of your log and trace files for 6/17/2015:
                          You will find the log files on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.
                          The log file will be named "log.20150617.XXXX.txt"
                          You will find the trace files on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.
                          The trace file will be named "trace.20150617.XXXX.txt"
                          3.) A copy of the workspace where you have encountered this issue:
                          Workspaces are found in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Workspaces folder.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post fernandobr  
                          Started by itrader46, Today, 09:04 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes