Draw.TextFixed when Enabled from Strategy Grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw.TextFixed when Enabled from Strategy Grid

I have a strategy which uses Draw.TextFixed() to display metrics in the corner of the chart while running.

It seems that this shows up and draws as expected when the strategy is enabled from the chart itself, but doesn't draw when enabled from the strategy grid.

Hello wuileng,

This is the same as NinjaTrader 7. If a strategy is added to the strategies tab, no indicators or drawing objects will be added to other charts.

(If this is not added to a chart, then there is no chart attached to which we can draw objects)
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry, should have said that this is indeed a strategy attached to a chart.

In NT7, you could open up a chart, add a strategy to it, then use the strategy grid to enable/disable it afterwards. When enabled from the grid, it would draw the text.

In NT8, despite the strategy being attached to the chart, using the strategy grid to enable/disable it afterwards causes it to not draw the text. Of course, being able to do this adds a lot of convenience as you just need to click a box - especially when starting up many strategies at once.

Comment

Hello wuileng,

Thank you for clarifying this.

I am not able to reproduce this on my end and I have made a quick video to demonstrate.

http://screencast.com/t/PaHdJCuZqzUM

I have verified that I am using NinjaTrader Beta 1.

Can you create the same type of video to demonstrate for us?

Comment

Seen your screen capture, and it is exactly the problem I'm describing, though for you it seems to draw fine. Here's my screen capture (text should draw in the bottom left corner).

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hi wuileng,

Can you test this with a very very simple script?

After testing, send me the script to test on my end.

By very very simple I mean one added line to draw a simple string.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 05-27-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Tried this in a simple script which I've attached, and am still experiencing the same problem.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello wuileng,

Thank you for sending the script.

I have tested your script and found this also to be working. (I also re-installed Beta1 to double check that I had the correct version installed)

I am finding that your script requires the bar to close for the object to be drawn. This means that this is not drawing historically which would be a bug and I will report this to development.

May I have you double check to see if the text appears after a bar closes?
                (If it does not, I will have you send in an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com so that we can schedule time for me to test on your end)

Comment

You're right, it seems to be an issue with drawing not working on historical bars only. This is probably also why I don't see the box when backtesting as I did in NT7.

I've just tested the strategy in realtime and it is drawing the text.

Comment

Hi wuileng,

Thank you for confirming this and great work finding this issue.

I've got this reported to development. The cutoff for Beta2 is already past but hopefully this will be fixed for Beta3.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                    118 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post kevinenergy  
                    Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes