Strange Assertion as startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Assertion as startup

I was doing an Optimization that seemed to get stuck due to a lot of PRINT statements I forgot to removed. So I selected ABORT and waited about 30 Mins for it to return. It did not so I decided to exit NT8. It exited, but wouldn't start due to the NT still running in the background which finally reported an error and closed.

I then started NT8 (64 bit) again and now I am confronted with the attached error message and the application will not start. I don't have any way to get in to reset the database. I am going to try and delete the database from the db folder to see if that lets me restart.
    Attached Files

Have you tried rebooting your machine?

Comment

No, but removing the database seemed to clear the problem.

TECH SUPPORT: if you think it would help and want the database for analysis, I can email it to you as I have just renamed it as a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
        No, but removing the database seemed to clear the problem.

TECH SUPPORT: if you think it would help and want the database for analysis, I can email it to you as I have just renamed it as a backup.
        Yes, please zip and email to me, you have my personal email address. It's likely too big to go through our standard support address.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello NJA_MC,

Thank you for your patience.

The database you sent over, was this the database that was in the installation when you received the message on start up? I am not receiving any message upon start up with the database you provided.
          Did you delete the database?

I would ask if you could send over your Log and Trace files for the 24th of May if possible. Please send these to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with this thread in the subject line: "http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=74406"

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Log folder.
          • The log file will start with the name "log.20150524." and follow with the instance of the run of NinjaTrader 8. So 00000 for the first, 00001 for the second, etc.

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder.
          • The trace file will start with the name "trace.20150524." and follow the same naming convention as above.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post maybeimnotrader  
          Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post quantismo