Not Enough Quota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Enough Quota?

I had started up NT8 and added a few indicators to a CL 07-15 1 range chart. I had selected about 15 days back and "Tick Replay" option.

The system delayed quite a bit more than it normally does, and then finally through up the attached "Not Enough Quota" Exception error. I am not sure what this means or what I can do to avoid this error in the future. This might need more of a description.

It appears "some" of the Tick Replay data worked and the chart didn't hang. I recently delete my "DB" file as I had a problem earlier with a startup problem. Not sure if that is connected but figured I would put it out there...
    Attached Files

Trace Event

I found this in the Trace File, maybe it helps:
    Code:
     2015-05-24 17:57:04:130 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************
    2015-05-24 17:57:04:130 Not enough quota is available to process this command
    2015-05-24 17:57:04:133 System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Not enough quota is available to process this command
       at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.PostMessage(HandleRef hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
       at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
       at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
       at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
       at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Comment

This is a native framework message related to virtual memory. So we can look into your scenario further, can you clarify how much physical memory you have on the system? How much virtual memory is allocated?

If you can reproduce this error, can you record how much memory is being utilized at the time of the exception?
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

The system is Windows 7 64 Bit, it has 32 GB of RAM.

This happened as I started up the system so it was only about 1.5GB to 2.0GB of memory in use at the time.

I will see if I can reproduce it consistantly. Might have something to do with a few Draw.Region() statements added that paint over 4 weeks, 4 regions...

Comment

Thanks for looking to see if you can reproduce.

Can you look into your virtual memory allocation settings? This should be available from your Computers systems Advanced System Settings

Click image for larger version

Name:	vm.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	873658

Comment

You do have enough harddisk space available?

Comment

About 4 TB and 32GB Virtual as well.. It might be a graphical resource, I will see if I can break it again:
              I have a .NET application that throws the following exception: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception : Not enough quota is available to process this command at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.

Comment

Not Enough Quota

Here is another interesting link that might help point out what caused the error:

Edit Sept 26 See below for the full background. tl;dr: A data grid control is causing odd exceptions, and I am looking for help isolating the cause and finding a solution. I've narrowed this down...

As I stated, I was pulling up a few new charts with large regions painted. I will see if that happens again, but this article states if you flood the GUI update tree, you can get this same error. This may have happened due to the rapid update with all the charts.

Comment

NJA_MC, can you email your workspace along with any indicators to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com? Thanks.

Comment

I think I lost my work space I was using when I lost my database, I will go back tonight to see which one I was using before the other crash.

Once I can reproduce it, I will send it off to support.

Comment

NJA_MC,

Can you tell us what is the value in you registry key:
                      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\USERPostMessageLimit ?

The default is 10000
                      ArtSenior Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Art View Post
                        NJA_MC,

Can you tell us what is the value in you registry key:
                        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\USERPostMessageLimit ?

The default is 10000
                        It is set to the default of 10,000

Comment

Originally posted by NJA_MC View Post
                          It is set to the default of 10,000
                          NJA_MC,

We cannot reproduce it...
                          Have you seen this again, or do you have any additional info which you think could be related to help us with reproducing this issue you were/are experiencing?
                          ArtSenior Software Developer

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Art View Post
                            NJA_MC,

We cannot reproduce it...
                            Have you seen this again, or do you have any additional info which you think could be related to help us with reproducing this issue you were/are experiencing?
                            Thanks,

I will keep an eye out for this, but haven't seen it recently.

This could have been cause by unmanaged Brushes & Pens. I have modified my code to make sure they are Frozen(). I have not seen it since.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post funk10101  
                            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                            11 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post jeronymite