Historical Data Manager Infinite Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data Manager Infinite Loop

I tried to load historical data for the instrument list "Indexes" via Tools -> Historical Data -> Load -> >Indexes>. Purpose was to download tick, minute and daily data for the entire list of indexes (19 instruments). Start and end date were as per default settings (last seven days). Data Type selected was last. I was connected to Kinetick Real-Time outside the regular trading hours.

The result was data loading switching betweeen ^RUI and ^PCR ad infinitum. Also I could not open any new chart, as data loading did not work any more.

There is no way to abort the data loading (NinjaTrader 7 had an abort button). Therefore I had to disconnect from Kinetick Realtime.

The issue is reproducible. After disconnecting from Kinetick Real-Time and then reconnecting, my chart were loading again as expected. I then did the same thing again, that is downloading index data via the historical data manager for the last week. The whole thing ended up in the same loop, with alternatively loading data from ^RUI and °PCR.

The cause of the problem seems to be the symbol mapping which is missing for the pair ^RUI/Kinetick. I therefore removed ^RUI from the instrument list <Indexes> and now the error message was gone, and the data properly loaded.

This leads to the following conclusion:

When you try to load data for one of the instrument lists via the historical data manager, and one of the instruments within the list lacks the required symbol mapping, the data manager may get stuck in an infinite loop. I would expect an error message that °RUI is an unknown instrument" or that "no data is available for ^RUI".
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Lowell; 05-28-2015, 09:04 AM.

I would like to edit my post above/below to remove a minor mistake. However, although I can edit the post, the original message is not shown.

When I edit this post, the original message is shown and I can easily change it.
    Last edited by Harry; 05-28-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Thanks Harry.

I confirmed and reported it. Tracking number NTEIGHT-8319.
      JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes