Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

volume tools

listened to beta video....

very disappointed and I'm a lifetime owner....

you have completely ignored volume analysis tools?????? no volume profile?? no cumulative delta?? no volume node indicators???

so Ninja8 is just a '65 mustang with a faster engine??

Ray said no new indicators added??

unbelievable..

Hello rsmtrade,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

Volume analysis tools are something that is on our radar to look into after NinjaTrader 8 is released in full however our first priority was to get our next generation platform out of the door. We take user feedback very seriously and NinjaTrader 8 does include over 500 user suggested enhancements a list of which you can find at this link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/downloads...njaTrader8.pdf

I will forward your feedback to our development team for further consideration as we round back to this topic in the future.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Delta is not in 8?

The addition of the delta data was always promoted as a critical part of the future upgrade to NT8. We have been waiting for this for at least the past 2 years. Did you upgrade the way you handle data so that handling the delta in the future are possible? This is a huge disappointment, and I am being very kind.

Comment

Yes we have upgraded the way data is stored in NT8 to allow for delta analysis by storing the bid/ask at the time the historical tick is processed. We also introduced tick reply mode so that you could rebuild bars based from the underlying tick data. Allowing new type of analysis and tools to be built and run in historical as well as live.

What we did not implement so far nor advertise we were implementing would be adding more advanced 'Market Profile' and 'Cumulative Delta' analysis indicators and strategies.We now empower developers to create their own but do not ship with them out of the box. As far as including these tools with NinjaTrader is still on the short list to be looked into as we move out of beta with NinjaTrader 8. However I cannot confirm we will be adding them at this time.

Comment

I am also very disappointed, I am a life time owner too. Investor RT, Market Delta, and Multi Charts all have it as a standard feature. When is NT going to catch up?

Comment

Hello Stan D.,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. I will forward your comments to our development staff for further consideration.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Stan D. View Post
              I am also very disappointed, I am a life time owner too. Investor RT, Market Delta, and Multi Charts all have it as a standard feature. When is NT going to catch up?
              Also, SierraCharts and BlueWater Insideedge to name a couple more lesser known platforms.

Comment

In NT's defense I would have to point out it is much easier to get at the data now (Take a look at Volume Profile). I use MC for Volume Profiling but I think I can recreate what they do now in NT with about a week of programming (on my todo list). Once it gets to public beta you will see these indicators created very quickly by users is my guess.

Comment

Can Volume at Price/VaP levels please be considered for a future addition ASAP? This really is a core indicator on most other platforms. Having to pay for a 2nd alternative platform to get access to these levels and then manually transfer them over as drawn lines into Ninja-trader is sad.

Also can the Pivots indicator have a drop down added so that the user can choose the pivot formula they actually want to work with? There are about 10 core pivot formulas and maybe 10 others that are more specialized, surely this can't be a hard fix if the basic programming has already been done and is already implemented into NT8 indicators list.

If its possible, here are 3 formulas to start the list -

The Central Pivot Range Formula
                  • Pivot Point (PP) = (Yesterday's High + Yesterday's Low + Yesterday's Close) / 3
                  • Resistance Level 1 (R1) = (PivotPoint - S1) + PivotPoint
                  • Support Level 1 (S1) = (High + Low) / 2

Advanced Floor Pivots Formula

• Pivot Point (PP) = (Yesterday's High + Yesterday's Low + Yesterday's Close) / 3
                  • Resistance Level 1 (R1) = (2 * PivotPoint) - Yesterday's Low
                  • Resistance Level 2 (R2) = PivotPoint + (Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low)
                  • Resistance Level 3 (R3) = R1 + (Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low)
                  • Resistance Level 4 (R4) = R3 + (R2 - R1)
                  • Support Level 1 (S1) = (2 * PivotPoint) - Yesterday's High
                  • Support Level 2 (S2) = PivotPoint - (Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low)
                  • Support Level 3 (S3) = S1 - (Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low)
                  • Support Level 4 (S4) = S3 - (S2 - S1)

Camarilla Pivot Points
                  • Range = Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low
                  • Resistance Level 0.5 (R_5) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/18
                  • Resistance Level 1 (R1) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/12
                  • Resistance Level 1.5 (R1_5) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/9
                  • Resistance Level 2 (R2) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/6
                  • Resistance Level 2.5 (R2_5) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/5
                  • Resistance Level 3 (R3) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/4
                  • Resistance Level 4 (R4) = Yesterday's Close + Range * 1.1/2
                  • Resistance Level 5 (R5) = (Yesterday's High - Yesterday's Low) * Yesterday's Close
                  • Support Level 0.5 (S_5) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/18
                  • Support Level 1 (S1) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/12
                  • Support Level 1.5 (S1_5) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/9
                  • Support Level 2 (S2) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/6
                  • Support Level 2.5 (S2_5) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/5
                  • Support Level 3 (S3) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/4
                  • Support Level 4 (S4) = Yesterday's Close - Range * 1.1/2
                  • Support Level 5 (S5) = Yesterday's Close - (Range - Yesterday's Close)

Comment

Great feedback. For sure would be something to look into. Added to our list to review in the near term. Thank You.

Comment

Hello TyJack,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are currently tracking this with an internal tracking number of SFT-1063.
                      Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                      47 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post aligator  
                      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes