Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Improvement

Hello,

I'm hoping someone from Ninja Trader reads this.

Below are my suggestions for improvement, since exploring Ninja Trader 8 Beta:

1. I'd like to see a Hot Key option to switch between tabs on the selected chart window. This will be very useful if many different timeframes or instruments are open in the the same window in the form of tabs.

2. Change color option for the direction of indicators to enhance visuals (i.e. green for Stochastics moving up, Red for Stochastics moving down).

3. Indicator shading for enhanced visuals (for instance, custom color shading between Stochastic K and D).

4. Ability to set default settings for indicators (when I right click, there isn’t that option like in Ninja Trader 7).

5. No custom colors available yet in NT8

6. There is still no stock Ichimoku indicator for Ninja Trader. This is very frustrating.

7. There is no option to display a current price line across the entire chart.

None of these are bugs, just suggestions myself and many others I know would like to see implemented.

Thanks for your time,

aarclark

"2. Change color option for the direction of indicators to enhance visuals (i.e. green for Stochastics moving up, Red for Stochastics moving down)."

seriously???? this basic functionality isn't in Ninja8?

Comment

Originally posted by rsmtrade View Post
      "2. Change color option for the direction of indicators to enhance visuals (i.e. green for Stochastics moving up, Red for Stochastics moving down)."

seriously???? this basic functionality isn't in Ninja8?
      Isn't this the basic programming sample in NT7?

Comment

Originally posted by aarclark View Post
        1. I'd like to see a Hot Key option to switch between tabs on the selected chart window. This will be very useful if many different timeframes or instruments are open in the the same window in the form of tabs.
        By default, you can switch tabs on the selected chart window by pressing CTRL + Tab.

2. Change color option for the direction of indicators to enhance visuals (i.e. green for Stochastics moving up, Red for Stochastics moving down).
        I have entered this feature request into our feature tracking system. Should you wish to track its progress in the future, its internal ID tracking tag is SFT-393.

3. Indicator shading for enhanced visuals (for instance, custom color shading between Stochastic K and D).
        SFT-394 for this one, thank you.

4. Ability to set default settings for indicators (when I right click, there isn’t that option like in Ninja Trader 7).
        The 'preset' button in the lower right-hand corner of the Indicators window (a bit above the 'Apply' button) will allow you to set preset settings for each selected indicator.

5. No custom colors available yet in NT8
        This feature request already exists with the ID SFT-359. I have contributed your vote towards this.

6. There is still no stock Ichimoku indicator for Ninja Trader. This is very frustrating.
        I have added your vote for this feature. SFT-212.

7. There is no option to display a current price line across the entire chart.
        You can accomplish this by plotting a new SMA, setting its period to a value of 1, and changing the plot to Horizontal Line.

Thank you for your suggestions!
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

Thank you for your responses/explanations. I have three more to add:

1. In indicator settings, it would be great to be able to choose which timeframes a particular indicator is displayed on. For instance, if I want my Stochastics to display only on Daily and Weekly timeframes, but not any other timeframes on a particular chart template.

2. To have an option to display custom/specific timeframes on the actual Toolbar itself (i.e. so you don't have to click into the Timeframe Box or type every time you want to switch timeframes) OR:

3. To have an option to detach both the Timeframe Box and Instrument List from the Toolbar (to, for instance, display them alongside a chart for easier access, requiring less clicks to navigate different timeframes and instruments).

Thanks for reading.

Comment

1. In indicator settings, it would be great to be able to choose which timeframes a particular indicator is displayed on. For instance, if I want my Stochastics to display only on Daily and Weekly timeframes, but not any other timeframes on a particular chart template.
            You can accomplish this by setting the Input Series for that particular indicator to the timeframe that you wish.

2. To have an option to display custom/specific timeframes on the actual Toolbar itself (i.e. so you don't have to click into the Timeframe Box or type every time you want to switch timeframes) OR:
            I have given this suggestion an ID of SFT-396.

3. To have an option to detach both the Timeframe Box and Instrument List from the Toolbar (to, for instance, display them alongside a chart for easier access, requiring less clicks to navigate different timeframes and instruments).
            SFT-397, thank you.
            <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

I have a couple of suggestions for improvements

Each window has a border that is a think line, in NT7 this border was thin line. Would it be possible to make the border adjustable or at least make in like NT7 This seems to be a waste of screen real estate for no apparent reasons. I personally do not need to see think divider between charts.

Also the only way I can see to exit the program is by clicking the X in the top right corner, this is OK but is seems strange that there is not a exit function under one to the menus.

Comment

Originally posted by James108 View Post
                Each window has a border that is a think line, in NT7 this border was thin line. Would it be possible to make the border adjustable or at least make in like NT7 This seems to be a waste of screen real estate for no apparent reasons. I personally do not need to see think divider between charts.
                SFT-427, thank you.

Originally posted by James108 View Post
                Also the only way I can see to exit the program is by clicking the X in the top right corner, this is OK but is seems strange that there is not a exit function under one to the menus.
                This one is SFT-428.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlexC; 06-03-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes